Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest visa/mc to get??

tag
QUEENOFCANDLES
Established Member

Easiest visa/mc to get??

Ive recently started working on my credit and have a cap one, walmart, bank one, fingerhut, jareds, kays and VS but they all have relatively low limits. I would like to set my goals for a chase or amex this year. What is the easiest card to get??
Aug 2013-TU562, EX519, EQ445
Current -TU636, EX618, EQ602
Rebuilding!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Easiest visa/mc to get??

Welcome to the forum 

More info needed to better help 

AAoA, INQ's in last year, How long have you had the cards, what do you spend the most on, Travel or cash back card, other loans car mortgage and any baddies?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

barclay apple imho

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@QUEENOFCANDLES wrote:
Ive recently started working on my credit and have a cap one, walmart, bank one, fingerhut, jareds, kays and VS but they all have relatively low limits. I would like to set my goals for a chase or amex this year. What is the easiest card to get??

if you have all those cards you need NO MORE to build a strong history and score to qualify for amex and big cards this year depending what is holding you down... is it all your new accounts? short history? or do you have baddies?

Message 4 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@QUEENOFCANDLES wrote:

if you have all those cards you need NO MORE to build a strong history and score to qualify for amex and big cards this year depending what is holding you down... is it all your new accounts? short history? or do you have baddies?

+1

Message 5 of 9
QUEENOFCANDLES
Established Member

I have had my CapOne for 8 years, and my Kay for about the same. I have several good paid off installment loans and a few good car loans paid off. Only one 30day late payment two years ago. I have a few baddies I am working on too (collections for med bills, and two charge offs) but I have gone from a low 500s to a 626 ish in the past few months. I need to get my utilization rate down ALOT. That is what I am working on now. AAoA is 5 years, with 14 being the oldest and BRAND NEW being the shortest.

Aug 2013-TU562, EX519, EQ445
Current -TU636, EX618, EQ602
Rebuilding!!!
Message 6 of 9
rockinn8
Contributor

Hello!  Welcome to the forums!  I would suggest that you hold off on applying for new cards and garden for a while and let your new accounts age, while thats happening pay down your balances and get your utilization under control.  I would take a look into the Rebuilding Your Credit Section of the forums to see how to write GW (goodwill letters) for your late payments, and maybe some PFD (pay for deletes).  The Rebuilding Your Credit section of the forums helped me out tremendously last year!  Good luck on your journey and I hope you stick to your goals, soak up all the knowledge here on the boards...

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rockinn8 wrote:

Hello!  Welcome to the forums!  I would suggest that you hold off on applying for new cards and garden for a while and let your new accounts age, while thats happening pay down your balances and get your utilization under control.  I would take a look into the Rebuilding Your Credit Section of the forums to see how to write GW (goodwill letters) for your late payments, and maybe some PFD (pay for deletes).  The Rebuilding Your Credit section of the forums helped me out tremendously last year!  Good luck on your journey and I hope you stick to your goals, soak up all the knowledge here on the boards...

+1

Good advice here OP.   Working on those negative items will be a benefit in the long term as you rebuild your profile.

Message 8 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@rockinn8 wrote:

+1

Good advice here OP.   Working on those negative items will be a benefit in the long term as you rebuild your profile.

+2 Great advice!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.