Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easing my mind while in the garden.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Easing my mind while in the garden.

In the Garden till March as you all know, been in the garden since end of August. I want to apply for two cards on March 1st.. but which ones should I apply for? I want to apply for Chase Freedom but I want to either apply for Discover IT or TD Bank Cash Rewards the same day as well.. I'm holding off on the card I want from Bank of America for a few months. 

So I'm planning on applying for two March 1st and then spreading out the other two applications over a period of time.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Easing my mind while in the garden.

I repeat myself a lot but you have beaten these 4 cards like a dead horse in many different varieties of same variations.

chase and discover for sure especially if you can get a pre-qual offer out of the two by march.

Message 2 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Because I don't want to apply for cards I have no chance of getting for a bit. this is helping to ease my mind so don't be too hard on me lol. The only pre approvals I've gotten in the mail are from Credit One and First Premier. Why Chase and Discover though? It's hard to be in the garden.

Message 3 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Because I don't want to apply for cards I have no chance of getting for a bit. this is helping to ease my mind so don't be too hard on me lol. The only pre approvals I've gotten in the mail are from Credit One and First Premier. Why Chase and Discover though? It's hard to be in the garden.

well I agree with that... I never can stay in the garden!

I say chase and discover because chase seems to be pretty easy for recon if needed and discover seems to love new credit people over strong long term credit people and bofa, well lately they are just awesome for approvals and CLI's so they would be my next pick if not before discover but TD I don't know anything about accept they took over target and still have not improved that and most posts I see about them people are saying they got denied, so that seems pointless to put them ahead of the ones we have good info on and offer good rewards.

Message 4 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I'm just so set on getting these cards that I'm probably annoying people, sorry lol. From what I've read a decent amount of people are getting approved for Chase Freedom within a year of credit history, so this may happen to me as well. Discover did deny me in July due to "limited credit history" but offered me to be on someone's account (which I did not want) but by March my credit history will be greater than it is now.

Message 5 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm just so set on getting these cards that I'm probably annoying people, sorry lol. From what I've read a decent amount of people are getting approved for Chase Freedom within a year of credit history, so this may happen to me as well. Discover did deny me in July due to "limited credit history" but offered me to be on someone's account (which I did not want) but by March my credit history will be greater than it is now.

discover is approving people lately with no credit so i think they have changed.

chase freedom does seem to want a little longer history

Message 6 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Yes, it certainly can be. But you're first statement is spot on: if you don't have a chance of getting what you want, then it's better to wait. I would suggest waiting until March and then seeing if you have any prequal offers. You're working towards a full year's worth of history, and this may indeed help tip the scales. Good luck.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 21
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Gardening definately will help! You should be good in march. Fingers crossed for you!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

By March I could have a really good chance of being approved by Chase. I'm sick of TD Bank denying me. I might wait a little bit to apply for one of their cards again.

Message 9 of 21
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Yes, it certainly can be. But you're first statement is spot on: if you don't have a chance of getting what you want, then it's better to wait. I would suggest waiting until March and then seeing if you have any prequal offers. You're working towards a full year's worth of history, and this may indeed help tip the scales. Good luck.

Yeah I don't want any more offers from Credit One and First Premier! Smiley Surprised I am waiting till March! Credit is one of my favorite topics lol. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.