Easy Chevron approval.

FYI in the process of rebuilding my credit and last night was instantly approved for a Chevron gas card online! I called the 800 number and my limit is $650. I had previously been denied by them about a year ago. My fiance also applied and was instantly approved with a $700 limit. I have one other GEMB card - Walmart $700 imit, and he has no other GEMB cards. They pulled Transunion.

Starting Score (5.13.10): 557
Current Score (12.9.10): 604
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

Re: Easy Chevron approval.

Congrats on the approvals!

I was tempted to app for this, but I was just denied an Amazon store card last month, and at the top of the app it says if you were denied a GEMB within 6 months then to (essentially) not apply. I'll just let my stuff grow and fight the temptation. :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor

I received a preapproved offer in the mail for a Chevron Gas card back in August and was approved instantly online for $400, the only reason i applied was because they had an incentive for 20 cents off per gallon fuel credits for 60 days. I think you can apply for a soft pull increase after 4 months of payment history on the account. I did the same thing for my walmart card went from $300 to $700. They also pulled TU for me and my scores were around 630-650 at the time. No baddies at all just a lot of inquiries and no lates.

FICO scores - 727 TU(Walmart)/ 727 EX(Amex app)/ 721 EQ(Discover app)
In My Wallet: BankAmericard Cash Rewards($2,000), Discover More($3,000), Chase Freedom($2,000), Fidelity Amex($1,000), Sam's Club Discover($4,400), SallieMae 5% Mastercard($5,000), Amex BCE($2,000) ,Citi Simplicity($2,000), Paypal SmartConnect($3,100), Walmart Store Card($2,350), Chase Amazon Visa($700), Target RedCard($500), Capital One Cash Rewards($750), Best Buy Store Card($1,900), HHGregg($2,000), Amazon Store Card($1,250),Newegg Preferred Account($2,000), Park West($2,000), BankAmericard Travel Rewards($5,000)
Contributor

GEMB must be granting credit, but they did pull all 3 cb and placed the account on all 3 cb. I was given $500 for the GEMB Chevron card!

Established Contributor

zerocredit wrote:

GEMB must be granting credit, but they did pull all 3 cb and placed the account on all 3 cb. I was given $500 for the GEMB Chevron card!

Inquiries with all three credit bureaus? That's pretty over the top for a $500 gas card.

Valued Member

I agree. I didn't know they would pull all 3 just for a gas card. Wow.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.