Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Citi Card to get

tag
Shock
Established Contributor

Re: Easy Citi Card to get

I would say Citi Diamond Preferred is the easiest since it's primarily a balance transfer card. Same with Chase Slate. Not many rewards, and you will presumably carry a balance and take advantage of 0% Intro APR.

I would definitely agree that Citi is a little funny though. They instantly approved my CDP for 500 bucks. LOL what balance transfer do they intend me to transfer for 500 bucks? Works for some people I guess. But at the same time my highest was a 700 dollar Chase Amazon so I don't blame them. Anyways, I did a CLI via online and got denied. Reconned it with the EO and they gave me my first legit limit of 3000. So I am greatful, but the card hasn't seen much usage primarily because it doesn't have a lucrative rewards structure (like most Citi cards). Looking to PC when my one year anniversary hits.

They double pulled me EX EQ and later pulled EX for my CLI request.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 11 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Citi is a hard nut to crack, but once you're in their cards are like potato chips Smiley Happy

Citi Executive AAdvantage is probably the easiest card they offer. Citi is hungry for those $450 AF and over at flyertalk just about anybody with a pulse is approved.
Message 12 of 18
Shock
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Citi is a hard nut to crack, but once you're in their cards are like potato chips Smiley Happy

Citi Executive AAdvantage is probably the easiest card they offer. Citi is hungry for those $450 AF and over at flyertalk just about anybody with a pulse is approved.

True that. I'm aready prequalified for all of their cards lol. Don't think I want  prestige though, or any 450 AF for that matter. I do like the AAdvantage but probably wont be flying much American. The hub in San Fran here is United...so...Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Two different divisions..    Citibank Cards  are tougher then the CitiCorp backed cards...         For me Citibank Cards are the toughest and hardest....   I'm backlisted from them since 1989 BK..      Now the Citi backed Shell,  I was able to receive.... 

Message 14 of 18
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

Two different divisions..    Citibank Cards  are tougher then the CitiCorp backed cards...         For me Citibank Cards are the toughest and hardest....   I'm backlisted from them since 1989 BK..      Now the Citi backed Shell,  I was able to receive.... 

Citi told me they are the same. Are they like Bestbuy and Home Depot? I have gotten pre approvals for Citi main and Home Depot three times. I would like Best Buy card.

Message 15 of 18
Shock
Established Contributor

i would apply for it in store. i can see you getting approved for maybe 1k, similar to the rest of your cards.

Message 16 of 18
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Shock wrote:

i would apply for it in store. i can see you getting approved for maybe 1k, similar to the rest of your cards.

You think only in store?

Message 17 of 18
Shock
Established Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Shock wrote:

You think only in store?

not exclusively in store but you may have a better chance. definitely different from a bank but for FWIW i did 2 cards in bank and I am 2 for 2

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.