Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Credit

tag
Greene718
Contributor

Easy Credit

Is cap one the only card thats the easiest to get. i got approved for their rewards card, but didnt get approved for amex or discover. I am really trying to build my credit  within the next yr. Oh yea I got approved for cap one rewards card but not the platinum card, well they said they will contact me in a few days they need a few days to process it which usually means not approved.

Starting Score: EX 552 TU 652
Current Score: EQ 627 TU 715
Goal Score: EQ 670 TU 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditbroke
Contributor

Re: Easy Credit

Call the backdoor number in a day or two,its listed in the sticky. They can tell you what you were approved for fastest.  And you can try and work your credit limit up during your call.

In my recent experience getting credit cards. I was denied by the automated system while applying for  HSBC Best Buy,I called in and talked to a rep.He told me having a single trade line open is what got me denied, I told him my secured CC just hit my reports,so he repulled and that 10 day old secured card got me instant approval for $750. Crazy how this stuff works?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers-thanks-Sylviatob/td-p/408066

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH and I both get denied for Cap One.

I have opened HSBC Orchard and Juniper bank cards; and Macy's & Dillard's store cards.

DH has opened HSBC Orchard, Cabela's, Kroger 123 bank cards, Macy's store card, and Alliant CU.

Hope that helps a little.

Message 3 of 5
Greene718
Contributor

I applied for discover got denied, amex got denied so idk. I think I will just use the 500 credit limit from cap 1 n make it work for now...also what exactly is a backdoor #?

Starting Score: EX 552 TU 652
Current Score: EQ 627 TU 715
Goal Score: EQ 670 TU 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greene718 wrote:
I applied for discover got denied, amex got denied so idk. I think I will just use the 500 credit limit from cap 1 n make it work for now...also what exactly is a backdoor #?

It is, hopefully, a number which will allow you to bypass the front line CSRs and speak to a supervisor or an officer of the company with decision making authority.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.