Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Prime Card to Get Approved for?

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Easy Prime Card to Get Approved for?

I want to know what is the easiest Prime Card to get approved for? Barclay? Walmart? 

I am trying to Garden but just doing research for when I am ready to pull trigger for next App Spree!

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Easy Prime Card to Get Approved for?

@QueenBeeOC wrote:

I want to know what is the easiest Prime Card to get approved for? Barclay? Walmart? 

I am trying to Garden but just doing research for when I am ready to pull trigger for next App Spree!

@Not sure of there's an exact answer, but I have similar scores to yours. About 22% util over 4 card with 3 cards being close to their limits, 1 baddie from 2012, and quite a few inq that are over a year old and I just got $2,500 Barclay's MC, Chase Sappire @ $5,000, and Cap 1 cli, BofA Rewards @2,500 and maybe some other stuff too.  Walmart was easy for me to get when I was worse off then I am now.  GE seems to hand out credit like candy.

With Barclay's, my app stayed pending for days.  I called in and they approved it.  BofA gave me a 30 day message, I called immediately and was approved.

ETA: I have a fraud alert on my report, so not sure if I was going to be declined or they needed to verify info to approve.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 13
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Considering the lackluster rewards structure of the Walmart Card, I DO NOT count it as a "prime" card.

I do however think that the AMEX Blue card (not the BCE) is very easy to get, considering I was approved with 1 yr of history and 1 card (Wells Fargo college cash back card).
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 3 of 13
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

I'm wanting the chase sapphire. What was your score at that time of approval? I have 4 inq one for mortgage and 1 for rental 1 for 2 for cards (discover and Amazon store) in last 3 months. Trying to get last baddie deleted
Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Based on your siggy, I would start with Freedom. After 6-9 mos, app for the CS
Message 5 of 13
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

+1 , Chase Freedom seems to be easier to obtain -vs- Chase Sapphire.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 6 of 13
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Cool! I may jump out of the garden next month and try Chase Feedom.

Message 7 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@QueenBeeOC wrote:

Cool! I may jump out of the garden next month and try Chase Feedom.

Hey wait a minute I didn't see that advice given LolSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 13
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

LOL, to jump out of the garden? Smiley Happy I got a bump from my former HSBC card that is now a Cap1, and I an amazon increase that doubled my limit (because I told them I wanted a new Macbook. Now curious to see what else I could get!

Message 9 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@QueenBeeOC wrote:

LOL, to jump out of the garden? Smiley Happy I got a bump from my former HSBC card that is now a Cap1, and I an amazon increase that doubled my limit (because I told them I wanted a new Macbook. Now curious to see what else I could get!

Yes that one Lol

Thats a pretty good update and CLI's keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.