New Visitor
jamesn

Easy & Reliable Store Card?

I'm looking for an easy-to-get store card that I can depend on to show up on all three credit reports every month. I'm in the US on a work visa and I'm not sure if I'll end up moving here, so I don't want to commit to a secured card plan yet, but I do want to start up my credit record here.
Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Re: Easy & Reliable Store Card?

I hear Macys is good.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Regular Contributor
hayhayday

you should be able to get $100 cl macys
Frequent Contributor
islandchild82

I would try Macys and Target.

I don't think Macys shows up on your reports until you actually use it, though. So if you are approved, make a small purchase and pay it off. Target showed up for me pretty quickly. 

Good luck!

Contributor
cliccmade

I wouldnt try Target until your 600+ .
CH 7 filed 2/24/14 TU 572
Discharged date: 6/06/14
$300 UNsecured Capital One Platinum
$500 QuicksilverOne UNsecured Cash Rewards
$250 Fingerhut
Goal 650 by 12/1/2014
Regular Contributor
hayhayday

I would get macys and buy a $10 gift card and pay it off over 3 months($5,$5,$2) . Thats what i did and got my CL doubbled after 3 months auto(300-600)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}