Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy citi

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Easy citi

What is the easyest credit card to get with citi with one charge off from '09.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Re: Easy citi

Not sure if it is the easiest, but I recently was approved last month for the Citi Thank Visa (received pre-approval in the mail).  I had a charge off from Target card back I want to say 2008 (paid in full after) and bk 7 fall off my reports this month.  I was surprised to be approved but only applied because I received the pre-approval and my scores had improved.  When I applied they were higher than the ones you see below (with the new Citi Card and new car loan sort of took a dip).  I was approved for $1500.

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 2 of 11
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

I may be wrong but from reading around these boards it sounds like Citi is one of those who blacklist. Was your CO with them?

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 3 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

I may be wrong but from reading around these boards it sounds like Citi is one of those who blacklist. Was your CO with them?

No.

Message 4 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Looks like you have a lot of credit accounts already. What is your AAoA and how many inquries do you have? Perhaps Ctit Forward has lower requirement for approval although do you really need a new CC at this point?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Looks like you have a lot of credit accounts already. What is your AAoA and how many inquries do you have? Perhaps Ctit Forward has lower requirement for approval although do you really need a new CC at this point?

I agree, Citi is inquiry sensitive and you have a lot of accounts already. You may be better off gardening what you have for awhile and being in a better position to get in with Citi with a good CL a year from now.

I'm not sure which cards are easier to get but maybe the ones where they also offer a student version - Dividend and Forward? However, their cards have a broad range of APRs based on creditworthiness so maybe just apply for the one that's most useful to you since you could get approved but with a higher APR.

Message 6 of 11
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I hear the Citi Forward is a good first Citibank card. It has decent rewards so consider giving it a shot.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 7 of 11
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Simplicity or Forward i would imagine. Id make sure nobody sees your EQ report in which they always pull, because they are very INQ sensitive

Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

+1

+2.. no need for too much cc's!

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.