Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa, EQ, and Vanishing account

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Ebates Visa, EQ, and Vanishing account

NO issues with my ebates. Im just wondering if all this disputing has anything to do with it? all this micro managing? maybe not. hope it is corrected.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hum, this reminded me that I do have an account report strangely on EQ. Sam's shows twice. First as my original CL then again as my current one. I had not yet decided what to do about it.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Humu, do you know if Ebates has a balance on the account? or it has zero balance on the account?

Thanks, Mia. I've let it report both ways in the past 10 months, with a balance and without. Normally I PIF, although the card sees use every month.

For the April 14 statement, I let a $2 balance report in hopes that the darn thing would correct itself. Didn't seem to help. Smiley Sad

I had a siminlar issue with another lender. I let to report 5% of the total CL and then on the next month when the statement cut, it reported correctly.  Every case is different, but this is what I did. I also let to report $2 and it did not work for me until a 5% was reported. I am not saying that you should do the same, but this is what works for me Smiley Wink... hint, hint....

Thanks, Mia. Had the account totally vanished? Did it report correctly to the other bureaus?

I have 5 cards reporting balances now was really hoping not to add a 6th. Smiley Sad

Yes, it dissapeared from my report and I did not get anywhere with the lender so I let the 5% to report and then they updated all the months that were missed.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Humu, do you know if Ebates has a balance on the account? or it has zero balance on the account?

Thanks, Mia. I've let it report both ways in the past 10 months, with a balance and without. Normally I PIF, although the card sees use every month.

For the April 14 statement, I let a $2 balance report in hopes that the darn thing would correct itself. Didn't seem to help. Smiley Sad

I had a siminlar issue with another lender. I let to report 5% of the total CL and then on the next month when the statement cut, it reported correctly.  Every case is different, but this is what I did. I also let to report $2 and it did not work for me until a 5% was reported. I am not saying that you should do the same, but this is what works for me Smiley Wink... hint, hint....

Thanks, Mia. Had the account totally vanished? Did it report correctly to the other bureaus?

I have 5 cards reporting balances now was really hoping not to add a 6th. Smiley Sad

Yes, it dissapeared from my report and I did not get anywhere with the lender so I let the 5% to report and then they updated all the months that were missed.

Was it only on one bureau?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

NO issues with my ebates. Im just wondering if all this disputing has anything to do with it? all this micro managing? maybe not. hope it is corrected.

No. It's really not "all this disputing" when you are talking about only one dispute with EQ in almost a 3 month period. 

The problem started before any dispute ever occurred.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hum, this reminded me that I do have an account report strangely on EQ. Sam's shows twice. First as my original CL then again as my current one. I had not yet decided what to do about it.

I have my closed Macy's account and my closed Bloomingdale's account each reporting twice on EQ, too.

I think you're on to something here, Musiclover. I've felt this was an EQ problem for some time now.

I just wish I could get someone from Ebates to communicate directly with EQ and look into a possible system glitch. Sending in updates isn't doing anything.

Message 16 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just a thought here but let $10 report for a month 

Which means you know it will be sent by the lender so you'll know exactly where fault lies (lender or CB)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

I understand now Humu. But is it bad to have a hidden tradeline? well since it is only on the 1 bureau i guess it is not hidden. agree with others. let a few dollars report then see what happens.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

I understand now Humu. But is it bad to have a hidden tradeline? well since it is only on the 1 bureau i guess it is not hidden. agree with others. let a few dollars report then see what happens.

Hidden tradeline would not be bad, but it's not helpful to have $15,000 less in total available credit reporting on one bureau than I actually have.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Just a thought here but let $10 report for a month 

Which means you know it will be sent by the lender so you'll know exactly where fault lies (lender or CB)

Thanks, mj , will do. By that time it will have been going on for almost 4 months. Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.