cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa reporting to the credit bureau several times per month???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebates Visa reporting to the credit bureau several times per month???

Has anyone had this problem?  I got my Ebates card towards the end of November, and my first statement cut on Dec 24 and while I had a zero balance, it reported a 15.00 balance.  On January 4th after a few purchases, they reported to all three bureaus, called them on the 5th...no one knew why, created a ticket, can take up to 30 days to research.  Today, January 6th, after a purchase yesterday, they reported to the bureau again my new balance.  

Its becoming an issue, I was going to pay off the balance next week, before the cut off date so Ebates could report a zero balance.  I get a bunch of I'm sorry from CS and I understand, I don't know what's happening, etc.  The supervisor say the same thing.  I guess I will stop using the account until they resolve this issue. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.  And let me just add, I'm not anywhere near my limit, limit 10K, balance is 600.00.  Since Novemeber I have paid over 700.00 on the account.  Anyone???

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Ebates Visa reporting to the credit bureau several times per month???

I have noticed that Ebates does report a lot, I mostly noticed because the second I got CLI's it already showed up on my reports. EX and EQ and then slowly updated on TU. But I quit worrying about the statement cut with 0 balance on my cards so I didnt really have a problem with it. Sorry its becoming a problem for you, I cant see any rhyme or reason to their constant reporting. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any or all Synchrony cards can and do report off-cycle, especially when there is a new balance. I have 5 Synchrony Cards (Visas and Mastercards, including Ebates), and they have many times reported off cycle when new charges to the card are made. It's not an error, and they technically are allowed as the card issuer to update information at any time. Their Visas and Mastercards do seem to like to update balances to the credit bureaus, especially when new charges to the card are made. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dddemari wrote:

I have noticed that Ebates does report a lot, I mostly noticed because the second I got CLI's it already showed up on my reports. EX and EQ and then slowly updated on TU. But I quit worrying about the statement cut with 0 balance on my cards so I didnt really have a problem with it. Sorry its becoming a problem for you, I cant see any rhyme or reason to their constant reporting. 

It bothers me cause I'm a stickler about monitoring my utilization.  Statement cut Dec 24 I bought my daughter a PlayStation 4, Jan 4th day it was on Experian and EQuifax, Jan 6th I bought some sneakers through Finsh Line, 7% back and again, next day, it reported on both bureaus. I will pay on the account it doesn't update though.  I've contacted Ebates and they have escalated the problem to technical support.  They indicated that it isn't their  practice to report several times a month and they have had some issues with their system.  I've stopped using my Ebates Visa until this is resolved.  It's my practice to pay off my account prior to my statement generating so my utilization when reporting is zero and not 600.00!!!  I'm sure that they will pull it together, just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this issue.  Thanks ddemari!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I notice they cut statement a day early and got 4.46 interest out of me. Its been the 9th forever, not this time. The longer months don't work in your favor. Point brutally taken.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been happening with Sync with increasing frequency over the last 18 months (on Ebates, but on other Sync cards as well for a number of other people). They do have the privilege as the lender to report anytime and they're allowed to do so, so probably best to pay in full if that is a concern.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Toys R Us Mastercard reported 3 or 4 times November-December as I added purchases to it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Toys R Us Mastercard reported 3 or 4 times November-December as I added purchases to it.

+1

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.