Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa?

tag
Samac
Regular Contributor

Ebates Visa?

I finally received my Ebates card that I had no idea I was getting until I looked at my credit report and saw it there a week ago with a 5k limit.
I was super excited because from my searches across this forum I saw Ebates Visa Signature (they're older I admit) and when I realized I had a 5k limit it was a distinct possibility.

Instead of visa signature it says Visa Platinum in the corner and has a holographic design.
I can't seem to find anything in the card application on the possibility of a signature. I was wondering if people here knew anything about the card?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Samac
Regular Contributor

Re: Ebates Visa?

(And I do know that platinum is lower tier. My stupid BoA card has been platinum for 3 years now. I've been trying so hard LOL!)
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

With eBates, once a platinum always a platinum. They won't upgrade it.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? Wow.... that sucks. I was approved for this card last month but was curious to know why it wasn't a Signature card even though my CL is $5k

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? Wow.... that sucks. I was approved for this card last month but was curious to know why it wasn't a Signature card even though my CL is $5k

eBates is weird that way. The $5K CL threshhold is only one part of the Signature equation with them They also base that decision on profile and credit score. Mine started at $5K, but is a Signature. But my TU score was 800 when I apped.

Message 5 of 11
Samac
Regular Contributor

Yeah my TU listed by them was a 747. Guess that's the difference.
Really sucks that they won't upgrade!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I was approved for $3,200 called CS and got it to $12K upon activation, asked about signature, but they said it couldn't be changed from platinum to signature.

Message 7 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

That stinks op! Synch bank is goofy like that
Message 8 of 11
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I really want this card too! I use Ebates a lot so, this would be good for me! Congratulations on your approval!

Message 9 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Samac wrote:
I finally received my Ebates card that I had no idea I was getting until I looked at my credit report and saw it there a week ago with a 5k limit.
I was super excited because from my searches across this forum I saw Ebates Visa Signature (they're older I admit) and when I realized I had a 5k limit it was a distinct possibility.

Instead of visa signature it says Visa Platinum in the corner and has a holographic design.
I can't seem to find anything in the card application on the possibility of a signature. I was wondering if people here knew anything about the card?

They won't upgrade unfortunately, you are stuck with whatever you get the time of approval. That said, unless there's a specific Signature benefit you wanted, it's probably not a big deal.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.