Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates emv

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ebates emv

I don't think Synchrony will upgrade cards from Platinum to Signature. Regardless of where the limit sits. Whatever you get when you applied is what you're stuck with.
Message 11 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

that is true, the system would have to magically know how to do that and therefore it cant happen. u get what u get with them in regards to plat/sig. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why Taxi's was issued as a Plat and mine was issued as a Sig when both had a SL of $5K.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

my chat session that took me from 4.5 to 10k is still shocking to me! no idea why they were so generous to me on that card. i still am waiting on salliemae, 2 fifth third cards, toital rewards visa, modells visa and virgin america visa new without emv (virgin america not here yet) so who knows when comenity will send out emv cards. 

Shocking to me too, ddemari, we both went through it together! The only thing I can think is that Synchrony seems to LOVE mid 700's scores and higher (730, 740, 750), and seems to be in a giving mood if our scores are in that range. My spending patterns (and probably yours too) were not high, so it must be the scoring demographic.

Message 14 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@captool. When I apped ebates my time was 747 at the time. You said you're over 800. Maybe that's why. Everything else I've gotten was signature. Except this card. Even my Best Buy card is visa signature. Not sure. But this was my first visa with synchrony. Maybe that's it. I do have 10k on a paypal MasterCard. So strange thing with this card. I apped it back in January and was denied. My time at that time was 693 iirc
Message 15 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

black box going on over there. For best results, FICO score of 815 at least lol. 

Message 16 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got approved for $5K Platinum six months ago. Now, I have $11K CLI Platinum after CLI. I don't need any advantage by having Visa Signature.

Ron.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I inquired about upgrading to VS, I was told by a rep that their system does not have the capability to change the tier of a card. I would believe her. Hopefully she forwarded my feature request.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.