cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Extras/Paypal Extras credit card rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay Extras/Paypal Extras credit card rewards?

Does anyone else have one of these cards and is unable to access their rewards? I've had this card for about 3 months and spent plenty of money with it, but still unable to see rewards....when I log into my paypal account this dialogue always pops up

IMG_2724.JPG

Which is super weird because I don't have a login for that...their customer service is attrocious so figured I'd check with this helpful community before calling their office which is likely in a remote village in Indonesia.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ebay Extras/Paypal Extras credit card rewards?

That doesnt look legit.

Lol, remote village in IndonesiaSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

The "syf.com" domain is owned by Synchrony. You're getting prompted with an HTTP Basic Auth dialog to authenticate your request. Usually, this type of auth request isn't exposed to consumers on financial services apps. This definitely looks like a bug with their app which will hopefully go away if you try again later. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pulled up my Safari which I don't usually use ( it was so slow in the past but I see that's changed lol) 

I didn't get that prompt. Check your Safari pop up settings, and check the ports on your router, 443 is a https protocol or if you're accessing from behind a VPN with 443 closed on the router/gateway side. Check in Chrome and see if you get the same prompt, most of us don't duplicate browser level settings when we switch browsers

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol stRealT, i think the only only thing i could understand was SafariSmiley Wink

Nice to know at least its real, if i ever run into something like that im posting here firstSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just pulled up my Safari which I don't usually use ( it was so slow in the past but I see that's changed lol) 

I didn't get that prompt. Check your Safari pop up settings, and check the ports on your router, 443 is a https protocol or if you're accessing from behind a VPN with 443 closed on the router/gateway side. Check in Chrome and see if you get the same prompt, most of us don't duplicate browser level settings when we switch browsers

Yep same thing in Chrome lol. I think paypal just has a crappy site lol. I'm considering paying this card off and closing the account, between the customer service, inability to access rewards after 3 months with the card still, and the way their payments post....

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.