Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Mastercard... NO LOVE

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ebay Mastercard... NO LOVE

For the 2nd time now, they have declined the CLI.

The last letter I got, said we don't utilize current CL (2k) which I find interesting because until the last CLI decline I had been putting between 3-4k/MONTH through the card and it was always PIF whatever balance did get reported on statement.

Now I rarely use the card, and after yet another CLI decline, I will use it EVEN LESS

Account opened in March 2008, 1 $500 CLI after being denied at 4 month mark and that's it.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Ebay Mastercard... NO LOVE

Creditaddict wrote:

...1 $500 CLI after being denied at 4 month mark and that's it.

you are doing good then for a gemb product.  as u know they aren't really known for generous cl's or cli's.

i cancelled my paypal which is essentially the exact same card as the ebay version, because they handle customer requests like cretans on that card.  it was like pulling teeth to get the ridiculous apr that they assigned me reduced too.  seems to work more like a store card to me.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ebay Mastercard... NO LOVE

I found that they only give cli's after 6 months at least that's what they have done with me. I have always left a balance on the card for 2-3 months then pay it in full and when i have asked for a cli i have always gotten it. I just pif $3013 last week after it being that way for 4 months then asked for a cli on Wednesday and got it. 

Sorry for the story but it sucks they won't give somebody like you one that always pif.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.