cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Mastercard Report Problem

tag
tndolphin

Ebay Mastercard Report Problem

I have an Ebay Mastercard and have lost the card twice so far. Everytime they send me a new card they added an account as closed to my credit report. I think the new card should simply carry the trade line of the account. This has bugged me a lot since I don't want many closed accounts to show up on my account. Has anybody had any expericen on this and is it true for all of the GE backed cards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ebay Mastercard Report Problem

tn,  I can relate.   Back in May of this year I could not locate my Amazon credit card from Syncrony so I phoned them and reported the card as lost.    They closed that account and issued me a new card and account number.    It might just be their way of dealing with a lost or stolen card.

Sorry.

Message 2 of 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Lenders usually issue new account numbers if a catd is lost or stolen but generally it doesnt say new TL or closed TL. I find it odd that it says new
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@tndolphin wrote:

I have an Ebay Mastercard and have lost the card twice so far. Everytime they send me a new card they added an account as closed to my credit report. I think the new card should simply carry the trade line of the account. This has bugged me a lot since I don't want many closed accounts to show up on my account. Has anybody had any expericen on this and is it true for all of the GE backed cards?

GE/Sycrony did the same with my Sam's Club card that I lost in their parking lot. So I now have 3 Sam's club cards listed on my credit report, one store card lost, another store card closed/transfered, and my Sam's Club MC card which was formerly my Sam's Club Discover. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 6
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@tndolphin wrote:

Call them and have them remove the closed TL from your CRA, They did that when they were updating my membership number on my Sam's Club account had to close and reopen saying it was lost I just asked them to remove the old line. Two weeks later it was removed.

Message 5 of 6
tndolphin

Thank you very much, friend! Will call them right away.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.