Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eddie Bauer - Preapproval at Cash Register

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eddie Bauer - Preapproval at Cash Register

Has anyone accepted or had the preapproval at the cash register for a comenity card? While buying a few coats and other things at EB yesterday the cashier said I was preapproved and that I only needed to provide the last four digits of my SSN and DOB (they had name, address, phone on file for rewards program). I did it since I was making a larger purchase and this saved me an additional 25% between discount and increased rewards. Seems like it would have to be a SP since they didn't ask for full SSN but I wanted to see if anybody knows for sure.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jmr79x
Valued Member

Re: Eddie Bauer - Preapproval at Cash Register

Should be a SP, basically the SCT at the store.

Message 2 of 6
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

If I may ask what are your scores like ? I'm trying to help a friend get that card. It's the only store that carries his size in jeans or pants in general and shorts. He's way to tall and slender in the waist for his own good. lol 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't subscribe to myFICO anymore for monitoring but CK has me at 796.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may turn out to be an SP but don't make the assumption that because they only ask for the last four of your SSN that it won't be an HP.  There is no difference between an SP and HP in terms of what the creditor can see.  Only difference is how they decide to label the inquiry.  If they can do an SP with last 4 then they certainly can do a HP

Message 5 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

I got that same pop up and mines ended up being a HP.  I was alerted as soon as I left the store via email.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.