Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of AU on building relationship

tag
brother7
Established Contributor

Effect of AU on building relationship

Does being added as AU have any effect, positive or negative, on building one's own relationship with that creditor?

My brother added me as AU on his Priceline Rewards card, backed by Barclays. I received an alert that a new Barclays card is reporting to EX. I don't have an existing relationship with Barclays and wondered if being AU on my brother's account will carry any weight if I decide to apply for my own.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Effect of AU on building relationship

Maybe. DW was an AU on her father's 20-yr old Citi at the time. Despite having scores in the mid-500s, she was approved w/ a Citi CC on her own. So, it was either the relationship that helped with the approval or the length of history weighed in that decision.

Message 2 of 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Effect of AU on building relationship

@llecs wrote:

Maybe. DW was an AU on her father's 20-yr old Citi at the time. Despite having scores in the mid-500s, she was approved w/ a Citi CC on her own. So, it was either the relationship that helped with the approval or the length of history weighed in that decision.

for just a fluke =) does happen but that's great too

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.