cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect on relationship with Chase if I exploit their checking bonus offer?

tag
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Effect on relationship with Chase if I exploit their checking bonus offer?

I recently received an offer from Chase to get $200 if I open a checking account with them. That seems like a lot of money, so I am considering going for it, but I have no interest in keeping the account - it just needs to stay open for 6 months (or else I lose the bonus) and I'll keep $1500 in there to avoid the maintenance fees. You can actually do this once a year, which is kind of ridiculous.

The problem is that I currently have a Chase Slate that I am planning on calling the executive office soon to have upgraded to a Freedom, which I then hope to have the limit of raised over time as one does. So my question is - do you think if I exploit their offer - that is, open the checking account to get the $200 bonus and then close in 6 months - that will cause them to look unfavorably on my relationship with them and deny me (or slow down the proecess of getting) credit increases or PCs? Are their credit and banking units closely intertwined or are they largely indepednent?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: Effect on relationship with Chase if I exploit their checking bonus offer?

I don't think they will allow you to do it for another account once you have open a checking account. Also it seems kinda petty tbh. 200 bucks is not alot of money. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 2 of 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Effect on relationship with Chase if I exploit their checking bonus offer?

They do not care if you do this since you can only do it once per year. They only shut people down if you open multiple cards, collect the bonus, cancel, and do it over again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.