Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Fidelity Visa AA :(

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Elan Fidelity Visa AA :(

Im reporting my 2nd AA, ever! My fidelity card's limit was reduce to $500, from $7,500. I did not have a balance, nor swiped it in a year, but the decrease itself just upsets me, especially leaving only $500!. I did have 3 TU INQs in May, perhaps thats what spooked them. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Elan Fidelity Visa AA :(

They were probably spooked because of insufficient usage. 

Message 2 of 11
pip3man
Valued Contributor

yeah insufficient usuage is most likely the reason for the decrease

Message 3 of 11
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@trant3 wrote:

Im reporting my 2nd AA, ever! My fidelity card's limit was reduce to $500, from $7,500. I did not have a balance, nor swiped it in a year, but the decrease itself make me very sad. I did have 3 TU INQs in May, perhaps thats what spooked them. 

You should be receiving a letter in the mail explaining why, but I'd be willing to bet it's because you didn't use it for a year. VERY common for US Bank/Elan to do that with non-use. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 4 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sorry for your troubles trant3. Though I wouldn't sweat it. Apparently the card wasn't of real use to you anyway my friend. You can always get those limits back elsewhere, if you really need to I'm sure. I have one or two that don't see much use.
I could care less if they closed them. But because most fall under lenders I have other CC's with that are used frequently. I doubt that will happen.

From now on, just swipe them for a soda or something every couple of months to show activity.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not that big of a decrease anyway

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, 7000 is chump changeSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry about the AA OP Smiley Sad

Paperchasers: I would be distraught if any of my limits were decreased by $7,000 that is a large decrease, maybe not to you but to many of us.
Message 8 of 11
dac1
Established Member

It's for non-usage.  US Bank did the same thing to me last month.  Reduced my credit line from $18,000 to $500 due to inactivity.  I ended up closing the account.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is justified as no usage of card for year is the main reason for AA. But it should not make you sad, as that card almost no use for you!!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.