Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Financial Services/ Elan Card

tag
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Elan Financial Services/ Elan Card

My local bank in Mass offers credit cards with very competetive rates, through Elan Financial Services. Does anyone know who they are and which CRA they pull?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Elan Financial Services/ Elan Card

Elan = US Bank

Message 2 of 7
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I did not know that - Any idea who they might pull?

Message 3 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

Elan = US Bank

True.

How long have you been a member of the bank? I use a bank through them and after a few months I started getting offers and after a few more months I started getting offers for $200 after first purchase, which I took as research showed they didn't go higher. They softed for the offers and hard pulled TransUnion when I applied, but it may differ for you.

Message 4 of 7
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I just moved my accounts to them recently. I was browsing their web-site when I noticed their credit card program.

Message 5 of 7
user5387
Valued Contributor

I got a Cash+ card the other day, and they pulled EX in Colorado.  I expect it varies based on where you live.

I think I'd rather go with US Bank directly, either Cash+ or FlexPerks Travel, and not bother with Elan.

Message 6 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@thebostonredsox wrote:

I just moved my accounts to them recently. I was browsing their web-site when I noticed their credit card program.

Well if you aren't dying to have one of their cards, I suggest waiting to see if you get any offers. I received multiple offers from Elan and US Bank and was approved for the same limit on each when I responded and all had better bonuses and introductory 0% than the standard offers.

@user5387 wrote:

I got a Cash+ card the other day, and they pulled EX in Colorado.  I expect it varies based on where you live.

I think I'd rather go with US Bank directly, either Cash+ or FlexPerks Travel, and not bother with Elan.

Elan isn't anything special really. They do give 1.25% or 1.50%(annual fee of 49 I believe) and US Bank doesn't so that's good. The Cash+ is good though, so that beats them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.