Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Payslips?

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Email Payslips?

My current job pays significantly more than I was making before (5X more). I wanted to ask for CL increases on a few of my cards, I'm in the garden since March because of an app spree that dropped my Credit Scores a lot. I wanted to know if I emailed or faxed in my pay stubs over the last two months showing how much I make would that increase my chances for a substantial CLI? Could I ask for more than 3X my Amex CL, which is only at 1K. I know my Amex CLI request is a SP can you guys let me know which of these cards do CLI with SPs? 

Chase (Freedom, CSP, Priority Club)

Discover

Walmart GE

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Email Payslips?

Walmart-yes
Discover -maybe
Chase- usually HP's.

When asking for a CLI, they will ask or you can fill in your income. No need to fax pays tubs with these lenders.
Message 2 of 7
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Thanks. Is it possible to do more than a 3x CLI on Amex. The reason my limit is so low is because I apped for it at the end of my app spree after I apped for and recieved a PRG among other cards. Have you heard of anyone doing like an 8X CLI or at least asking for it and getting countered with something less?

Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 3 of 7
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

If you do ask for a 8x increase they will most likely ask for income verification.
AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Thanks. Is it possible to do more than a 3x CLI on Amex. The reason my limit is so low is because I apped for it at the end of my app spree after I apped for and recieved a PRG among other cards. Have you heard of anyone doing like an 8X CLI or at least asking for it and getting countered with something less?

I'm fairly confident it's been tried and failed; I haven't heard of any success stories at any rate but most of the testing was done well before my interest in such things.  Maybe someone can post an exception I'm unaware of.

Regarding the low Amex limit, I wouldn't put much faith that it was only because it was at the end of your spree.  Amex lately has been doing far more approvals in the 1-2K range than anything else, perhaps by an order of magnitude from anecdotal reports, students and thinnish files with high CL's appear to be the exception for whatever reason unless one has solid history on solid tradelines / CL's.

In any event, I would caution you before trying for an absurdly shock and awe CLI with Amex; Amex CL's grow astonishingly quickly anyway, and the next CLI chance after this one is only six months away.  I know it's a "long time" to wait for something that we're excited about, but building a credit report and similarly credit limits, has to be looked at over a longer time horizon.

        
Message 5 of 7
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

I'm fairly confident it's been tried and failed; I haven't heard of any success stories at any rate but most of the testing was done well before my interest in such things.  Maybe someone can post an exception I'm unaware of.

Regarding the low Amex limit, I wouldn't put much faith that it was only because it was at the end of your spree.  Amex lately has been doing far more approvals in the 1-2K range than anything else, perhaps by an order of magnitude from anecdotal reports, students and thinnish files with high CL's appear to be the exception for whatever reason unless one has solid history on solid tradelines / CL's.

In any event, I would caution you before trying for an absurdly shock and awe CLI with Amex; Amex CL's grow astonishingly quickly anyway, and the next CLI chance after this one is only six months away.  I know it's a "long time" to wait for something that we're excited about, but building a credit report and similarly credit limits, has to be looked at over a longer time horizon.

Ok just to be clear Amex doesn't counter CLIs?

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Ok just to be clear Amex doesn't counter CLIs?

They do, but I think there may be some llimit at which they view it to be frivolous.  I'd do my research personally before trying it, and I have to admit to subscribing to the herd mentality on this one.   Then again admittedly I have enough time to wait for the Amex process to run to completion in my case, my next credit card applications probably aren't for another year and that gives me another 2 CLI chances which may take me straight to 25K if Amex deems me worthy... though I suspect my CL will be somewhere in the 10-15K range.  

I don't view these things as something to be rushed, I'm aggressive on CC applications, but then once I have them, I tend to color inside the lines personally, it may be possible to push the boundaries more than I do, but I haven't done the research on this personally, but it's such overhwleming lore on multiple credit-related sites which I basically take it as gospel.  Might be a character flaw but I assume that if I went looking, I could find the original source of the information.... which is what I would do if I were to attempt this.

Edit to add: Amex may have changed their guidelines since this was setup, maybe we could do a 5 or 8X application (though this seems more like laughable GE policies than Amex), but this one area I can't personally afford to be a guinea pig on.  I'll play FICO reindeer games, but Amex is core enough to my own plans that I'm not going to do anything to bring undue attention to myself.  Your requirements might vary.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.