Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from AMEX

tag
stlsme
New Contributor

Email from AMEX

i got an email from Amex offering a BCE. I have a Costco card with them and think they will automatically roll that into another product. My question is are their solicited offers to current members quality or should I just treat it as normal junk email?

EX: 844 EQ: 848 TU: 839
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Email from AMEX

I don't know specifically, but if you have had the Costco card for any length of time, you are probably golden for the BCE anyway, no email prompt needed.

Having said that, if I were a Costco AMEX cardholder, I would sit tight and wait to see what AMEX gives you in a few months. My guess is, there will be a new card with your name on it, the AMEX logo, and not a Costco logo, and no HP on your CR at that time either.

You are certainly free to get the BCE, and you may want to, it just seems highly probable that cardmembers will not have to go through a HP to change over their Costco cards if they choose to, when the time comes in 2016.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 6
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@stlsme wrote:

i got an email from Amex offering a BCE. I have a Costco card with them and think they will automatically roll that into another product. My question is are their solicited offers to current members quality or should I just treat it as normal junk email?

I received the exact same email & have been holding my BCE for over a year.....just marketing !

SisterGirl
Message 3 of 6
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

I have an Amex Costco card and received the same emai,. It had a $100 dollar bonus offer. I have had that card for years, but this is the first time they have ever offered me a different card. I wonder if this is the start of their efforts to keep their Costco customers since it seems likely their portfolio will be sold to citi. 

Message 4 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

@stlsme wrote:

That email is not targeted. It goes out to most members. Solicitation 

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@stlsme wrote:

My question is are their solicited offers to current members quality or should I just treat it as normal junk email?

Offers from any creditor are just marketing.  Select cards that suit you.  Don't just respond to offers.  Make sure you run the numbers for your spend.  The BCE is rarely best in terms of rewards so if you're considering it then there are probably other cards you should be looking at as well.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.