Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from DCU for checking overdraft protection

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Email from DCU for checking overdraft protection

Hey, got this email from DCU for checking overdraft protection saying "I was approved for up to $1500".  Is this like navy's LOC? Does it report to the CRA and if so, how?  Do I need it? It's not my main bank, only have small amount in checking ( for the fico score), and savings. I'm assuming its NOT a HP for this, I just have to accept this. This sounds standard to me? Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Email from DCU for checking overdraft protection

@pizza1 wrote:

Hey, got this email from DCU for checking overdraft protection saying "I was approved for up to $1500".  Is this like navy's LOC? Does it report to the CRA and if so, how?  Do I need it? It's not my main bank, only have small amount in checking ( for the fico score), and savings. I'm assuming its NOT a HP for this, I just have to accept this. This sounds standard to me? Thoughts?

Don't know about DCU but certainly some banks do HP for this, as it is establishing credit.   I believe that DCU does pull for membership anyway, right?  In that case, they may not here.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.