cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Promo Purchase APR Reduction from Citi AAdvantage...

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Emailed Promo Purchase APR Reduction from Citi AAdvantage...

Targeted email offer which I had to click on a link to activate:

We’ve lowered the APR for purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite® MasterCard® account

As thanks to you for being a great customer, we've lowered your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for new purchases.

What you should know about your special rate

Effective 09/17/16, your APR has been lowered to 1.99% for purchases made through June 1, 2017. This rate doesn’t modify the current rates of any existing balances you may have on your account and doesn’t apply to balance transfers or cash advances. After June 1, 2017, any unpaid promotional balance from this offer and new purchases will be subject to your standard variable APR, currently 22.24%.

If you have multiple accounts with us, this change only impacts the account listed on this letter. This letter doesn’t modify your Card Agreement, except for the specific changes as described above. Please keep this notice for your records.

Thanks again for choosing us

As always, we hope to be clear and helpful in explaining your account status and offers. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Enjoy your special rate for new purchases

Yay! As an aside...I don't know why they think it's a World Elite MasterCard...it's only a World lol. If they want to do that upgrade, that's fine with me too!

I've only had the card since May.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emailed Promo Purchase APR Reduction from Citi AAdvantage...

@injustifiiable wrote:

Targeted email offer which I had to click on a link to activate:

We’ve lowered the APR for purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite® MasterCard® account

As thanks to you for being a great customer, we've lowered your Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for new purchases.

What you should know about your special rate

Effective 09/17/16, your APR has been lowered to 1.99% for purchases made through June 1, 2017. This rate doesn’t modify the current rates of any existing balances you may have on your account and doesn’t apply to balance transfers or cash advances. After June 1, 2017, any unpaid promotional balance from this offer and new purchases will be subject to your standard variable APR, currently 22.24%.

If you have multiple accounts with us, this change only impacts the account listed on this letter. This letter doesn’t modify your Card Agreement, except for the specific changes as described above. Please keep this notice for your records.

Thanks again for choosing us

As always, we hope to be clear and helpful in explaining your account status and offers. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Enjoy your special rate for new purchases

Yay! As an aside...I don't know why they think it's a World Elite MasterCard...it's only a World lol. If they want to do that upgrade, that's fine with me too!

I've only had the card since May.

Not really a targeted offer as they are pretty much sending it out to e everyone.  As for WMC vs WEMC, how long have you had the card.  All the AA Platinum cards are upgraded to WEMC after a few months so even if you don't have a card that says WEMC, check online to see what they show for you.

Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I got it on my (unused) Dividend card

Message 3 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I have a special rate on all 3 Citi cards, pretty cool. Only using one tho
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 4 of 8
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Got the same kind of mk soon for HHonors - 5.9% purchase APR tho
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

we got this too on our citi DP :-)  lots of 5% off $500 mailers coming every few months with different categories, been interesting

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it on my Double cash too!
Message 7 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got it on my Double cash too!

Add me to the list.  5.99% until June of next year.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.