cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerge Mastercard cancelled?

tag
jamesewells

Emerge Mastercard cancelled?

I have an Emerge Mastercard that I have had for nearly 10 years (was Aria, PayPal, Providian) starting with a $250 limit. I presently have a $2300. limit. I pay in full every month and have never been late. In fact, I just received my new card. I'm on the website today to check the balance to pay and I see that I have no credit line or available credit. I call the 800 number and the CSR tells me all of the cards have been cancelled for all of their customers, effective 11/23/2009. Chase did the same thing to me with 2 of my WAMU cards with a $2000. credit limit each. I have a Discover with a $7500. limit and occasionally carry a balance and 3 Capital One cards with $500 each. I have never missed a payment on any of these cards since I have had them. (10 years) I think I'm going to sell some stock and pay everything I owe off and not worry about it. The most annoying thing (with CHASE and Emerge) is that you are not notified that the account is being closed, so you find out when you go to use the card (Chase). Is there a card I should get to replace these cards? I own my home so I don't foresee needing a mortgage, but I do like the convenience of a CC, particularly while traveling or buying on the Internet. Rant over, thanks for listening!

Message Edited by LilMirth on 11-24-2009 03:04 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emerge Mastercard cancelled?

I recommend a good CU card, IMO.

Message 2 of 4
jamesewells

Thanks for the reply. Is a CU card one that I would get from my bank? Thanks.

Message Edited by LilMirth on 11-24-2009 03:04 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

CU = Credit Union

such as a local or,

Alliant

NFCU

PenFed

PSECU

Addison

Affinity

CCCU

and others.  CU's tend to be a bit more stable and the CC's they issue less eradic.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.