Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Road Service

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Emergency Road Service

A colleague at work said his wife had her car breakdown and they didn't have AAA.  I said, don't you have an AMEX Gold Card?  He said, yes.  I said, one of the services that come with that card is emergency road service.  A little while later he said he'd spoken with a dispatcher and a tow truck was on its way.  I've read that some other cards also have this feature.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emergency Road Service

As does Ameriprise World Elite Mastercard.
Message Edited by FaircreditguyFL on 11-10-2008 05:51 PM
Message 2 of 6
voidman
Established Contributor

@MattH wrote:

A colleague at work said his wife had her car breakdown and they didn't have AAA.  I said, don't you have an AMEX Gold Card?  He said, yes.  I said, one of the services that come with that card is emergency road service.  A little while later he said he'd spoken with a dispatcher and a tow truck was on its way.  I've read that some other cards also have this feature.

AAA is a good service to have for sure.... I have it,  paid $54 for the card and saved over $150 in discounts at few places.

-void
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Platinum Amex offers roadside assistance, as well.

There is a huge difference between what you get from AAA membership and the roadside assistance you get from having a particular credit card, though.  With AAA membership, you get up to 100 miles of free towing.  The Amex Gold card gets you roadside assistance up to a $50 value (which isn't much).

With an Ameriprise World Elite and Citi Platinum Amex, they'll just call a tow truck for you and then automatically bill the pre-negotiated fee for the service to the card.

Message Edited by cheddar on 11-10-2008 07:00 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my cards, less the store cards, have emergency road side service.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
MattH
Senior Contributor

@MattH wrote:

Unfortunately, the car is a total loss: a catastrophic water pump failure instantly converted the engine into scrap metal and since the car is eight years old a new engine would cost much more than it's worth.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.