Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of 0% Financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

End of 0% Financing

I am approaching the end of my 0% financing for both of my Cap1 cards. One in June and one in July and from the way things are looking I probably won't have the balance completely paid off by then. Do they charge you interest from Day 1 if it's not all paid off? Or do they charge you interest on the balance on your statement at the time the promo ends?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: End of 0% Financing

They only charge interest for the balance that's left after the promo ends.

Generally, only store cards charge interest retroactively if you don't finish paying within the promo period.

Message 2 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew! I thought I was gonna have a mountain of interest added. I can handle the interest being charged on my current balance. Thanks guys!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your terms and conditions if you are unsure, or you can always give them a call.
I have a co-branded cap1 card that uses deferred financing, but as far as I'm aware only store cards do this.
Message 5 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Correct. Only on what your current balance is. Not every thing in past. So it will be small no matter what. My promo ended last month on my quicksilver.  I got charged 18.dollars on 1650 balance. Which will force Neto pay off sooner. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.