Did you mean: 

End of Serve for me

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: End of Serve for me

@longtimelurker wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:

just tried it out with my CSP for $20 bucks and my available cash advance HAS deducted by $20 Smiley Sad

Right, but the confounding problem is that on several cards in the past it initially appears to be a CA and eventually posts as a purchase.   Some have seen new behaviour, such as  a decrease in available cash advance that hadn't happened before (or being denied with CA set to 0) but still somewhat in flux.   If serve has been given a new MCC then this would be a big change that could impact all cards, but we don't know yet.

It definitely hasn't impacted all cards yet. Assuming that there even really is an issue.

Message 51 of 122
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

just tried it out with my CSP for $20 bucks and my available cash advance HAS deducted by $20 Smiley Sad

Shoulda turned off the CA feature first, then it would have been rejected.

Signature needs updating
Message 52 of 122
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

honestly, I dont mind paying 12 cents for the $20 bucks for one day, easier then going through all the hoops to turn off and then on again, I paid $20 a few minutes ago and the full cash advance available returned. I had to try for myself Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 122
red259
Super Contributor

So I am seeing reports of people who had their CA limit decreased when using CSP on serve are now reporting that a day after the transaciton posts it is switching over to purchase and CA fund is replenished. Anyone able to confirm this has happened to them? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 54 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

So I am seeing reports of people who had their CA limit decreased when using CSP on serve are now reporting that a day after the transaciton posts it is switching over to purchase and CA fund is replenished. Anyone able to confirm this has happened to them? 

I am still going to play wait and see game and see how things go. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 55 of 122
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Looking into it further I am seeing a lot fo reports of it working out for people. Obviously those who set CA to zero will now have to reconsider what they are going to do, since it appears that for the time being they will continue to be declined. 

;
Message 56 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Looking into it further I am seeing a lot fo reports of it working out for people. Obviously those who set CA to zero will now have to reconsider what they are going to do, since it appears that for the time being they will continue to be declined. 

i may try small amounts down the road i can hold off for now tho its only oct 4 still have plenty time before end of the month. 

Message 57 of 122
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

i may try small amounts down the road i can hold off for now tho its only oct 4 still have plenty time before end of the month. 

Yea, i'm not going to do it until the next cycle of my card which starts at mid-month. 

;
Message 58 of 122
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I can confirm that I did a $20 load and it decreased my CA limit by $20 the payment posted today and it postes as a PURCHASE and I even got 20 points for it! so it seems that it initially seems to be a CA but posts as a purchase, maybe its still good!

Message 59 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I can confirm that I did a $20 load and it decreased my CA limit by $20 the payment posted today and it postes as a PURCHASE and I even got 20 points for it! so it seems that it initially seems to be a CA but posts as a purchase, maybe its still good!

That is good news, i was wondering to myself if chase may have changed something due to them being hacked probably not, but just wondered why change all of a sudden. 

Message 60 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.