Did you mean: 

End of Serve for me

tag
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: End of Serve for me

Thanks for sharing.

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 91 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'm now using my Sony Cap 1(Visa) card to fund Serve. Will report back next month if it's a purchase or CA.

Message 92 of 122
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I'm now using my Sony Cap 1(Visa) card to fund Serve. Will report back next month if it's a purchase or CA.

I use my playstation visa Capital one card all the time. You earn points for uploads..

no need to wait on a statement , just log into your account and look at the purchase details of posted transactions.

Message 93 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I use my playstation visa Capital one card all the time. You earn points for uploads..

no need to wait on a statement , just log into your account and look at the purchase details of posted transactions.

Guess I'm safe with my Sony as I asked a rep and he assured me it would be considered a purchase. Citi's posted with no charges...when my statement cut, I was then hit with all the fees so I figured you had to wait until then. 

Message 94 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:
Citi decided to charge me 30 dollar plus $2 interest for using Serve 3 times laat month. This is out of nowhere. I've used this card with Serve the last 2-3 months with no problems so thought they looked at it as a putchase.

I think I read that citi visas were getting charged cash advance but citi mc were okay to use . do you remember if your card was visa or mc?

Visa.

I called up Citi and they told me it's on Serve's end. Serve classifies the transaction and then Citi acts from there. They advised me to call Serve, and if they change their classification, then I can get a 30 credit on my next statement. I then called Serve and they told me that it's on Citi's end. Citi classifies the tranaction. They haven't changed anything at Serve, and if they do, I'd be given notice. When I started doing this in Aug, Serve was classified as MERCHANDISE. Yesterday it was classified as CASH ADVANCE.

You can read about this on flyertalk forum, but basically summary is this: 

On 10/6, Serve changed its classification for all cards. 

Many VISA cards are posting as cash advance (Citi, BoA, US Bank, but NOT Chase)

All MC and AMEX cards post as purchase, regardless of issuer (though AMEX cards actually issued by AMEX will likely not get you any points)

Chase VISA cards initially post as Cash Advance, but change to purchase when the transaction settles. You do get points (I verified this). 

Message 95 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I wonder what DISCOVER will be classified as? Used it today for Serve. Will eventually go back to my Sony.
Message 96 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:
I wonder what DISCOVER will be classified as? Used it today for Serve. Will eventually go back to my Sony.

I think i tried it before and it didn't count as online shopping i tried it for both serve and evolve no bonus spending on either

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 97 of 122
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Wondered if it would be a purchase or CA?
Message 98 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

last time i tried it was an purchase. If i am using serve to load CC there are an bunch of better options out there to get cash back or points . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 99 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

Purchase according to flyertalk, have not tested personally. 

However, if you are loading serve for the purpose of getting points, i think an UR/MR earning card or a 2% card would be preferable. 

Message 100 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.