Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Serve for me

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: End of Serve for me

You know this has been a lousy week so far first I find out about the PRG changes, and then I learn the ink bold is being phased out and now these changes!

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

You know this has been a lousy week so far first I find out about the PRG changes, and then I learn the ink bold is being phased out and now these changes!

Lol lucky i don't have any of those cards so i am not losing anything haha. I do think for the person, that doesn't travel every month, that EDP is just as good of an card as PRG. I am actually really tempted by that card right now, the 15k signup bonus is pretty meh thats what is holding me back. I wonder why Chase is phasing out Ink bold, at least if you still have it , it should be grandfathered in ?

I am going to see if i still can use my discover or qs to fund serve , to pay my auto loan and electricity bill. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 122
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Lol lucky i don't have any of those cards so i am not losing anything haha. I do think for the person, that doesn't travel every month, that EDP is just as good of an card as PRG. I am actually really tempted by that card right now, the 15k signup bonus is pretty meh thats what is holding me back. I wonder why Chase is phasing out Ink bold, at least if you still have it , it should be grandfathered in ?

I am going to see if i still can use my discover or qs to fund serve , to pay my auto loan and electricity bill. 

I'm going to app for the EDP in the next round. The card alone is worth it to me, so I would have apped without any signup bonus. In terms of the ink bold I do not know what will happen to my bold card. I would think they just let me keep it. My concern is that they PC it to an ink plus and kill my chance to get the second signup bonus. I'm not sure if they can PC it since its a charge card, so it seems complicated to make a charge card a revolver. I don't know why chase is phasing out the bold, but the frequently changing credit lines on my card is frickin annoying. I never know how much credit I have from month to month because it always is changing. 

;
Message 23 of 122
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@I_need_720 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Genkeim wrote:

Ah, I see. Yeah would suck if it stays this way. 

apparently it doesnt seem to be effecting other cards i may see if i could use my QS to fund serve still , i heard citi cards still work I don't have any citi cards :-(

I was thinking about getting serve to make payments to citi mortgage. If the QS works that would be great. Does anybody know if Barclay cards work as well without being charged the as a cash advance? 

from what i read i think barclay works still, at least last time i checked FT thread on it arrival+ still worked 

Barclays still works fine.  Also you could use your Chase card to buy VISA/Mastercard GC that have a Pin from your local grocer and do a debit card load at Walmart or Family Dollar to your Serve Account. Be sure to get $500 cards as that is the max load per transaction and to get the actvation fee down to 1%of the GC face amount.

I thought loading with prepaids was a sure way to get shutdown by amex or does that only apply to online loads? My review so far has me thinking I can no longer use any of my chase cards and amex cards are out of the question. Apparently at the moment I can use cap 1 venture and citi AA executive card. Does anyone know if either of these two cards will run into a CA problem? I'm not happy about this at all, but at least I have other lenders. Diversity of lenders is always key, because if I only had chase and amex the ballgame would be over right now. 

Loading with prepaids at stores (Walmart and some Family Dollar) is fine, if the store lets you (depends on store, cashier etc).   It's online loading with non-bank debit cards that doesn't work,  First time it probably goes through, next time Amex calls.    Don't know if people really get shut down, I was just told it was not an allowed funding source (for Bluebird in that case)

Message 24 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I'm going to app for the EDP in the next round. The card alone is worth it to me, so I would have apped without any signup bonus. In terms of the ink bold I do not know what will happen to my bold card. I would think they just let me keep it. My concern is that they PC it to an ink plus and kill my chance to get the second signup bonus. I'm not sure if they can PC it since its a charge card, so it seems complicated to make a charge card a revolver. I don't know why chase is phasing out the bold, but the frequently changing credit lines on my card is frickin annoying. I never know how much credit I have from month to month because it always is changing. 

yeah EDP is pretty tempting for the 50% bonus for reaching 30 swipes. That plus the 3x groceries and 2x gas is pretty tempting. I was thinking of running an EDP for gas groceries and everyday and CSP for travel and eating. I don't know if thats the best setup. 

Message 25 of 122
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

yeah EDP is pretty tempting for the 50% bonus for reaching 30 swipes. That plus the 3x groceries and 2x gas is pretty tempting. I was thinking of running an EDP for gas groceries and everyday and CSP for travel and eating. I don't know if thats the best setup. 

That is kind of the way I would do it I think. You need to get the 30 transactions in to get the bonus. I think Amex was pretty savvy with the way they setup this card. 

;
Message 26 of 122
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@I_need_720 wrote:

Also you could use your Chase card to buy VISA/Mastercard GC that have a Pin from your local grocer and do a debit card load at Walmart or Family Dollar to your Serve Account. Be sure to get $500 cards as that is the max load per transaction and to get the actvation fee down to 1%of the GC face amount.

Until the situation is a little better understood, I would hold off on doing this with a Chase card.  On FT there is speculation that Chase is getting tougher (incorporating language in the T&Cs and now this) so even stuff that was safe before may no longer be.

But it's also at least possible that this is just a short-term glitch, but no need to put Chase cards at risk for a few days!

Message 27 of 122
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@I_need_720 wrote:

Also you could use your Chase card to buy VISA/Mastercard GC that have a Pin from your local grocer and do a debit card load at Walmart or Family Dollar to your Serve Account. Be sure to get $500 cards as that is the max load per transaction and to get the actvation fee down to 1%of the GC face amount.

Until the situation is a little better understood, I would hold off on doing this with a Chase card.  On FT there is speculation that Chase is getting tougher (incorporating language in the T&Cs and now this) so even stuff that was safe before may no longer be.

But it's also at least possible that this is just a short-term glitch, but no need to put Chase cards at risk for a few days!

At the very least make sure your cash advance CL is 0% that is what i did on my freedom just in case this kind of thing arose. Don't want to get caught off guard :-) 

Message 28 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@I_need_720 wrote:

At the very least make sure your cash advance CL is 0% that is what i did on my freedom just in case this kind of thing arose. Don't want to get caught off guard :-) 

How do you change the cash advance line, SM to CSR?

Message 29 of 122
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@I_need_720 wrote:

Yes, that protects you against the issue with Serve, but I was talking about buying prepaids with a Chase card, which is going to be a purchase anyway.  Just a purchase that might get them mad!

Message 30 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.