Did you mean: 

Entering "PRIME" Territory...

tag
teenastie
Established Contributor

Entering "PRIME" Territory...

Yet another successful Barclays success story Smiley Happy

So...

Two weeks ago I applied for a Barclay's Travelocity Amex. I received the "will contact within 10 days" message. I thought to myself I can't wait for Barclays to decline me so I can see what this recon thing is like... So I waited, and waited, and waited... (I actually applied for a real Amex in the meantime and was instantly approved). After the FULL 10 BUSINESS DAYS I was awarded with a Congratulatory statement and a $2,500 credit limit. All this after gardening an HSBC Orchard Platinum Mastercard for 6 years hoping it would grow. Now the only waiting I am required to do is for my new cards to get here! Thank you so much MyFico! I would also like to thank Orchard for their help and would like to advise them that their services are no longer needed Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Entering "PRIME" Territory...

Awesome, congrats to ya!

Message 2 of 15
Guava
Established Contributor

Congrats on moving on to greener pasture!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

I would also like to thank Orchard for their help and would like to advise them that their services are no longer needed Smiley Tongue

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Best FICO Forums line of the year award nominee right here Smiley Very Happy

May I ask what your scores and general credit profile were at the time of approval? I have been looking at this as a next card (already have the Barclay Apple with a $1,500 limit, but would love that AMEX co-branded card!)

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 4 of 15
teenastie
Established Contributor

I'm not sure of the exact scores. I had a 660 true (transunion) Fico with a ding for 0% utl reporting. Shortly after I bought that score 1 credit card reported a $200 balance resulting in about 9% utility (and a boost in score). Barclays followed their trend and pulled my Transunion CR. I have a 30 day late from February 2010 and an unpaid hospital collection that was reaged in May this year (but is due to fall off in June 2012) I actually have a closed 2 month old capital one card (long story) that killed my AAoA. I was at about 3yrs 8 months with cap one in the mix Smiley Mad oldest account is about 8 years old (should NOT have paid for college cash). Have an auto loan at 24k that I got in December 2010. Reported HHI 80K.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@teenastie wrote:

I'm not sure of the exact scores. I had a 660 true (transunion) Fico with a ding for 0% utl reporting. Shortly after I bought that score 1 credit card reported a $200 balance resulting in about 9% utility (and a boost in score). Barclays followed their trend and pulled my Transunion CR. I have a 30 day late from February 2010 and an unpaid hospital collection that was reaged in May this year (but is due to fall off in June 2012) I actually have a closed 2 month old capital one card (long story) that killed my AAoA. I was at about 3yrs 8 months with cap one in the mix Smiley Mad oldest account is about 8 years old (should NOT have paid for college cash). Have an auto loan at 24k that I got in December 2010. Reported HHI 80K.

Hope this helps!

I think you could request higher credit line with that HHI. If I were you, I would call backdoor number and request CL increase to $5000-7000.

Message 6 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@teenastie wrote:

Yet another successful Barclays success story Smiley Happy

So...

Two weeks ago I applied for a Barclay's Travelocity Amex. I received the "will contact within 10 days" message. I thought to myself I can't wait for Barclays to decline me so I can see what this recon thing is like... So I waited, and waited, and waited... (I actually applied for a real Amex in the meantime and was instantly approved). After the FULL 10 BUSINESS DAYS I was awarded with a Congratulatory statement and a $2,500 credit limit. All this after gardening an HSBC Orchard Platinum Mastercard for 6 years hoping it would grow. Now the only waiting I am required to do is for my new cards to get here! Thank you so much MyFico! I would also like to thank Orchard for their help and would like to advise them that their services are no longer needed Smiley Tongue

Congratulations!!! It's a big milestone crossing the threshhold from subprime to prime. Good for you!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 15
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you could request higher credit line with that HHI. If I were you, I would call backdoor number and request CL increase to $5000-7000.

I've toyed with the thought of a recon CLI with Barclays. I but I don't want to risk the additional hard pull on EXP as I have read on some posts. I would like to see the auto CLI in 6 months and possibly recon that with a BT if necessary. Barclay did however beat my highest limit (with my CU) by $500. I plan of requesting a CLI with my CU next month.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@teenastie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've toyed with the thought of a recon CLI with Barclays. I but I don't want to risk the additional hard pull on EXP as I have read on some posts. I would like to see the auto CLI in 6 months and possibly recon that with a BT if necessary. Barclay did however beat my highest limit (with my CU) by $500. I plan of requesting a CLI with my CU next month.

It should be on TU rather than EX. Mod Cut

Message 9 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder that freezing one CRA in an attempt to manipulate that another CRA is pulled for an inquiry is unethical and a violation of our credit repair guideliines.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.