cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax FICO is 651 from EQ Score Watch and 723 EQ FICO from Discover More approval letter...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax FICO is 651 from EQ Score Watch and 723 EQ FICO from Discover More approval letter...

Why 72 points difference in same EQ FICO?

Did  they  pull different score version?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Equifax FICO is 651 from EQ Score Watch and 723 EQ FICO from Discover More approval letter...

It is possible that they might have used the newer FICO08 model. Or they could also be using a bankcard enhanced model....
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax FICO is 651 from EQ Score Watch and 723 EQ FICO from Discover More approval letter...

Hey Pizza. Here is a qustion and I'm sorry I'm of topic, which credit card companys are using FICO08 ?

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
It is possible that they might have used the newer FICO08 model. Or they could also be using a bankcard enhanced model....

We think it's a combination of those two; a credit card or (bankcard if you will) enhanced version of FICO08. There have been no posts confirming that any lender is using the FICO08 Classic version.

Message 4 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

A difference between FICO scoring models doesn't seem to explain away such a gap.

Is it possible SW hasn't updated and something negative aged off?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

A difference between FICO scoring models doesn't seem to explain away such a gap.

Is it possible SW hasn't updated and something negative aged off?

Only if you assume there's not substantial differences between FICO '04 and '08 which isn't necessarily the case (nuisance collections being the most obvious change)... and worse, a Classic (or whatever ir normal) vs. a Credit-enhanced pull.

We know for absolute certainty that Auto-enhanced pulls can be +/-75 points or more in some cases regardless of FICO version used; why not similar for Credit-enhanced?  If you've defaulted on a mortage or auto-loan, and that's what's depressing your score, but you have flawless CC payment history over time, there's no reason why they might not factor the failed installment loan as much less important than revolving tradelines.

        
Message 6 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ Rev,

I guess BankCard enhanced would make sense. 72 points just seems like a pretty big gap.

I think discover pulls TU around here but can't waste an Inq to find out, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clean file.

No collections or other problems.

Debt is  only 3% and  there  is  no reported changes in  this file from EQ monitoring.

Strange..

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, but we're all just taking swag's on how a credit-enhanced pull actually differs.

Out of curiosity, what's the total age of your accounts, vs. specifically the revolving tradelines?  For a Classic pull AFAIK payment history is payment history; however, for any industry option (auto, credit, etc, enhanced) some types of payment history are better than other payment history... or they may calculate some sort of age measurement just on your revolving tradelines.

It's just so hard to know how they do things unfortunately, which is sort of the point I suppose.  In any event the score disparity is annoying, but not much you can do about it.  It's why I'm so routinely down on knowing a specific FICO, because there's no guaruntee (other than on a mortgage and the Beacon 5.0 score found here and a few other places) that it's actually going to be used.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.