Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Help

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Equifax Help

Make a LONG LONG story short, basically I disputed an account because it was incorrectly reporting a late. EQ deleted the accounts and now they aren't reporting. OC says when that happens, there's no way around it. Surely there has to be a way to get an account reported again. They are refusing to send a request to CRA to reflect the TL. What can I do? Is this now a legal issue?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Help

Creditors are under no obligation to report anything under the FCRA.  The rule is if they are going to report, they must report accurate info.  Those who dispute  run the risk of the entire tradeline being deleted.

Your best bet is to call and ask that they report the account to the credit bureaus, but it sounds like you have done that.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I have always found Equifax to be very difficult to deal with.  I have two paid tax liens that were effortlessly removed from EX and TU, but EQ refuses to do so.  They're stubborn.

Message 3 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I figured so, so I guess now I need a goodwill letter to ask a creditor to please report a decade old account in excellent standing that is still open >_< I can't believe all this hassle but unfortunately am at the mercy of the lender.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.