Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Pull Only

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Pull Only

Which major credit cards only pull Equifax? I need a major credit card and seem to keep getting denied by experian due to number of trades; length of tme bank/nat'l revolving accts hve been estblshd.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax Pull Only

Citi and Discover recently pulled my EQ.  I have a freeze on my TU report.  Discover is know to pull TU reports at times.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wachovia in May pulled only my Equifax for an app. Discover doesn't pull my Equifax for acct reviews. Only Transunion. But don't know if they would for an app.
Message 3 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

We are talking about hard pulls at time of app and not account maintnance. Citi is usually an EX puller. Many CU's are EQ pullers. In my specific case at time of app Citi, Discover and BofA all made hard pulls on EX and no other inquires. (Some of them have subsequently made soft inq's on other CBR's for AM). PenFed did a hard pull on EQ (only). My local CU did a hard pull on all three CB's for my car loan when I was at a very early point in my rebuilding. (I would not stand for that now.) Those inq's are falling off this month.

I would say find yourself a CU you like that is an EQ puller. (There are many.) It is a good idea to pick up a CU anyway.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

We are talking about hard pulls at time of app and not account maintnance.

Yes I know and as I stated I don't know if Discover pulls EQ for an app. I know Wachovia only pulled my EQ.
Message 5 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wachovia in May pulled only my Equifax for an app. Discover doesn't pull my Equifax for acct reviews. Only Transunion. But don't know if they would for an app.

There has been some posting on here about Wachovia having recently moved out their CC business. (I cannot remember where to, but it was not Wells Fargo.) I do see it is still showing two CC's on their website that they claim are issued by Wachovia Card Services, N.A. I have been a Wachovia customer for many years and have never touched one of their CC products.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
There has been some posting on here about Wachovia having recently moved out their CC business. (I cannot remember where to, but it was not Wells Fargo.) I do see it is still showing two CC's on their website that they claim are issued by Wachovia Card Services, N.A. I have been a Wachovia customer for many years and have never touched one of their CC products.

I know last mo Wells moved Wachovia card processing to First Data which Wells has been client of since 1971.
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 07-13-2009 04:08 PM
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 07-13-2009 04:08 PM
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

eq only

PenFed

Alliant

NFCU

USAA

(many CU's are EQ)

Kroger 123 Reward (RBS)

BillMeLater (CIT Bank)

NewEgg.com (CIT Bank)

Message 8 of 9
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: eq only

i know in the midwest community america which is a cu pulled transunion. Which is my worse at 661. Equifax is my best 699.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.