Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Score Increase on MyFico and question about other Monitoring Sites

tag
mkw1
Established Member

Equifax Score Increase on MyFico and question about other Monitoring Sites

So myfico just informed me that my score went from 728 in Feb, then 730 ($3 paydown Smiley Happy and finally US Bank reported my 9K paydown....New score = 756!

I also paid off Capital One of 14K in the middle of February.  I wonder why it's taking so long for that balance to show as paid?

I am signed up for monitoring with CreditSesame, Myfico, CreditKarma, MyCreditManager, Quizzle and Transunion.  I know that's overkill, but I want to get a Business Rental Mortgage in a couple of months since the rent I get doesn't quite cover the mortgage payment.  I still need to come up with the down payment or I would probably do it now.  It was kind of exciting when I got the email from MyFico though about the score change.  I wonder if this can become addicting.  I probably need to narrow this list down a bit.  Any suggestions on which sites are the most accurate and best deal for the information that you get?

MyFico EQ = 756 (CapOne paydown not showing up)

MyFico TU = 733  

CreditKarma = 718 (Risk Score)

CreditKarma = 748 C (Vantage Score)

Quizzle = 704  I don't think I like this site much Smiley Happy

Transunion = 746 C?? I think this is the vantage score.

CreditManager+ = 748 (Experian for US Bank)

CreditSesame = 712 (not sure about this one either, the information for some accounts shows from January...)

MyFico seems to be the only site that is aware that I paid down US Bank and all of these think I still owe CapOne 14K .  Not sure what to make of all this yet.

MW

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax Score Increase on MyFico and question about other Monitoring Sites

Congrats on paying down your cc. From your list, MyFico is the only one giving you true FICOs, the others are just FAKOs. Since you can't purchase EXP, I'm not sure why you'd want to duplicate buying EQ and TU

Message 2 of 5
mkw1
Established Member

Thanks.  I don't really want to pay extra for duplication.  I just didn't know much about these sites and which one I should trust. 

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

MyFico - the rest are not real scores. They serve their purpose but if you want an actual FICO- then stick with MyFico. 

Message 4 of 5
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

MyFico - the rest are not real scores. They serve their purpose but if you want an actual FICO- then stick with MyFico. 

+1  I have equifax direct, freecreditreport,com for experian and both MyFICO Score Watch and TU Quarterly monitoring so that I can verify when things report. 

Equifax lets me order unlimited Equifax reports directly from them for 4.95 this month.  At the end of the month I am cancelling the Equifax though.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.