Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax fico + BCP

tag
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Equifax fico + BCP

I pulled myfico equifax report from this site. 

Your Equifax Score: 738

Payment History: Good (I've never had any lates, why isn't this very good?)

Amount of Debt:Very Good

Length of Credit History: Not Good

Amount of New Credit: Good

2 Inquiries on Equifax, 2 on Experian

Oldest Account: 2 years 8 months

AAoA: 1 year

I have two credit cards open, 1 reporting a $0/750 balance, 1 reporting $93/2200. 3% Util

I have one installment loan with a balance of $14,787. It says that the balance is hurting my score because it is too high. I do not understand why.

Annual Income: $26,000

Last account opened 1/2011

I want to app for the BCP, but am very worried I will be denied. I need some serious advice because I really want it.

Should I wait until my 2 inquiries age to 1 year?

Should I just app for Zync and then go for the one I want in 6 months?  

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

Amex will pull EX and maybe TU if they need to look at a 2nd report. What does your EX report look like? Are they similar to your EQ report?

Message 2 of 41
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

Payment History: Good (I've never had any lates, why isn't this very good?)

Probably because there isn't much "history" to go by.  I would go for the BCP since that's the card you want.  Others may disagree.  They will pull EX (among others possibly).  Your utilities look good, your AAoA is a bit low.  If you don't get it, you can always recon. 

Let us know what you decide!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@tntexans72

I pulled my Ex report via freecreditreport.com about 2 weeks ago before I had one card at 0% util and one between 1-9%Util.

The score on that report was 730. 

If you were me, would you do it?

Message 4 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@clocktick

Now that I look at it again it say Great, not good. 

If you were me in my situation, would you app for it? 

Should I app online or over the phone? Should it be during business hours so I can recon, or is there a 48 hour  window to do so?

Message 5 of 41
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

@clocktick

Now that I look at it again it say Great, not good. 

If you were me in my situation, would you app for it? 

Should I app online or over the phone? Should it be during business hours so I can recon, or is there a 48 hour  window to do so?

I was approved for the BC (before they had the BCE/BCP) with a freecreditreport.com FAKO of 712, higher Util, & shorter AAOA, more inquiries (about a dozen). The BC was the first AmEx I got. 

You're probably good to App for the AmEx you want. 

I'd App before the end of the year (for future backdating); and do it on a weekday (non-holiday) so you can recon immdiately if needed. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 6 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Other concern I have.

I went to the "find offer for you" link on the amex website, put in my info and it said no offers were found. 

Has any one had that message come up and still be approved for the card of their choice?

Message 7 of 41
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

Other concern I have.

I went to the "find offer for you" link on the amex website, put in my info and it said no offers were found. 

Has any one had that message come up and still be approved for the card of their choice?

Yep.  I was not pre-approved for anything on their website, when I Apped for the BC. 

Note: I had signed up to receive offers. When I received the offer for Green in the mail; I shredded it (not interested). When I got the offer for Zync, I also shredded it. Though: I took that as a sign they wanted my business. So, I apped for the card I wanted (BC).

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 8 of 41
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

@tntexans72

I pulled my Ex report via freecreditreport.com about 2 weeks ago before I had one card at 0% util and one between 1-9%Util.

The score on that report was 730. 

If you were me, would you do it?

I would go for it.........apped for the BCP on 11/23 and was approved.

There's a 150 signup bonus plus 0% apr for 12 months for this card right now.

Good luck..........

Message 9 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all!!

I suppose I will app for this card in the morning instead of tonight, unless someone feels I have a window to recon until tomorrow.

I guess if worst comes to worst, I'll get an inquiry and no card-its not like there is any other card I am interested in app'ing for in the near future as far as I can see. 

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.