Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax fico + BCP

tag
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

I have some questions on the application.

Under employment, I am full time employed, but should I also indicate I am a student?

I live at home with my parents and do not pay rent/ morgtage. How should I indicate this on the application?

Message 11 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

After conteplating this app for months, I bit the bullet tonight and applied to get:

Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash PreferredSM from American Express.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 13 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

I kept refreshing the app status page and it was approved!!!!!!

Now the guessing game on CL...

Message 14 of 41
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

After conteplating this app for months, I bit the bullet tonight and applied to get:

Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash PreferredSM from American Express.

Hurray for technical difficulties. :/ .. not.

Sometimes things happen.  I'd check the status site tomorrow. If it doesn't show anything; I'd recon. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 15 of 41
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

I have some questions on the application.

Under employment, I am full time employed, but should I also indicate I am a student?

I live at home with my parents and do not pay rent/ morgtage. How should I indicate this on the application?

I have the Zync card, and I don't remember the exact AMEX application, but generally I put my rent/mortgage at $0 because it's covered under my scholarships. Even though my rent payment is technically $550, I don't put that on there because then they'd think that I have to pay that out of my part time income, which I don't. Speaking in general, I put employment as "student" and in the income section list income from my job...some application ask for the source, others don't. If they ask for a source I just put part time job. 

I think it's important to note somewhere in the application that I'm a student (if it's not strictly a student card) to explain my low income and stuff. 

Photobucket
Message 16 of 41
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

- More important

- Less important (since you can play the CLI game with AmEx)

Congrats!

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 17 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I clicked Rent and it did not ask for an amount. I indicated employed student, because it is the most accurate description. It approved it now so I have no regrets. 

Message 18 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!!!

@Odiseous wrote:

@nada9188 wrote:

- More important

- Less important (since you can play the CLI game with AmEx)

Congrats!

Message 19 of 41
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Would app for zync and then bc directly after. That's the method I took. One inquiry and approved after verifying address. I had 730 FICO and zync green and gold under offers. After being approved for bcp I cancelled the zync app as I didn't want it.
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.