Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax fico + BCP

tag
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

Post your credit line and APR when you find out.  

After reading your post I think that Im gonna try for the BCE card in december. 

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 21 of 41
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I was just denied because my "balances are too high" reason for that is because I wasn't planning on applying for any cards, and let my balances report and they are now paid off, but it looks like I have high balances. Does anyone know how long I am able to send an updated credit report or to somehow prove that my balances aren't what they look like on my CR?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 22 of 41
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I was just denied because my "balances are too high" reason for that is because I wasn't planning on applying for any cards, and let my balances report and they are now paid off, but it looks like I have high balances. Does anyone know how long I am able to send an updated credit report or to somehow prove that my balances aren't what they look like on my CR?

Give them a call and explain the situation.  They will let you send a credit report that counterdicts the reasons they denied you.

Message 23 of 41
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

Give them a call and explain the situation.  They will let you send a credit report that counterdicts the reasons they denied you.

I did, and that's exactly what they told me. But my only question is how am I going to prove I have low balances? The new balances won't report until next statement end which will be the 17th of next month.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nada9188 wrote:

I kept refreshing the app status page and it was approved!!!!!!

Now the guessing game on CL...

First of all Congratulations!!! Great Card to have, I love mine, the 6% at grocery stores is unbeatable IMO.

Just call the New Account Dept and ask the rep who takes your call what your CL is, no biggie, AmEx doesn't always bite Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I did, and that's exactly what they told me. But my only question is how am I going to prove I have low balances? The new balances won't report until next statement end which will be the 17th of next month.

To your original question,

I would call them back and explain that your updated report will not be available until the 17th next month and see if they allow it, if I remember correctly AmEx has like a 30 day window for things like these, I could very well be wrong.

However, Best of Luck!

Message 26 of 41
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

To your original question,

I would call them back and explain that your updated report will not be available until the 17th next month and see if they allow it, if I remember correctly AmEx has like a 30 day window for things like these, I could very well be wrong.

However, Best of Luck!

Yes, actually every rep is different. I called earlier and they mentioned I can send another report and they will reconsider. I called just now and the rep now just told me no matter if I send them a report now or in 60 days, there will be another hard pull. Frankly she did not make sense with everything else she was saying. I've called 3 times and every rep has told me something different. Very disappointed with their customer service.

Message 27 of 41
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@castlefox wrote:

Post your credit line and APR when you find out.  

After reading your post I think that Im gonna try for the BCE card in december. 

I called this morning to get my CL. I must say I am somewhat disappointed with the AMEX CS because it took about 10 minutes each time to get someone on the phone-which had an odd beeping noise once the representative was connected.

The first call resulted in a "Your credit line has not yet been determined"

The second call this evening told me I was approved for $3000 and that I could have this reevaluated in 60 days. I did not ask about APR.

@I am very happy with this CL. I have a Wells Fargo @$2200 and Discover @ $750. Discover won't budge without a hard pull, I am disappointed with discover due to this. I run well over $1500 a month through this card PIF even before the statement cuts, and have been more than responsible with it. If it wasn't for AAoA's and the no annual fee on Discover, I would close it. 

Message 28 of 41
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Thank you for posting that CL that they decided to give you.  

Did you request a CL that you wanted in your appication?

It looks like your on a great start to getting to place to where you can close that Discover.  FYI > it will not hurt your AAoA if you close it while it is in good standing, and it should continue to show up on your credit report for at least 10 years.  

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 29 of 41
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

The $3K CL is a great start....considering this is your 1st Amex if I am not mistaken. Great thing is...Amex will allow you to request a CLI in 61 days at 3x your current CL and it will be a soft pull. The requested CLI is an automated system so no need to talk to anyone. Just call the # on the back of your card. If amex won't approved the 3x your current CL, they will counter with another CL they feel fit for you. Just make sure you use the card and PIF each month. GL.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.