Reply
Frequent Contributor
nada9188
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

I have some questions on the application.

 

Under employment, I am full time employed, but should I also indicate I am a student?

 

I live at home with my parents and do not pay rent/ morgtage. How should I indicate this on the application?

Frequent Contributor
nada9188
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

After conteplating this app for months, I bit the bullet tonight and applied to get:

 

Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.
 

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash PreferredSM from American Express.

Valued Contributor
ptr2593
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

Good luck!

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Frequent Contributor
nada9188
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

I kept refreshing the app status page and it was approved!!!!!!

 

Now the guessing game on CL...

Frequent Contributor
Odiseous
Posts: 287
Registered: ‎03-08-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP


nada9188 wrote:

After conteplating this app for months, I bit the bullet tonight and applied to get:

 

Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.
 

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash PreferredSM from American Express.


Hurray for technical difficulties. :/ .. not.

 

Sometimes things happen.  I'd check the status site tomorrow. If it doesn't show anything; I'd recon. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Established Contributor
FloridaState12
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎08-24-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP


nada9188 wrote:

I have some questions on the application.

 

Under employment, I am full time employed, but should I also indicate I am a student?

 

I live at home with my parents and do not pay rent/ morgtage. How should I indicate this on the application?


I have the Zync card, and I don't remember the exact AMEX application, but generally I put my rent/mortgage at $0 because it's covered under my scholarships. Even though my rent payment is technically $550, I don't put that on there because then they'd think that I have to pay that out of my part time income, which I don't. Speaking in general, I put employment as "student" and in the income section list income from my job...some application ask for the source, others don't. If they ask for a source I just put part time job. 

 

I think it's important to note somewhere in the application that I'm a student (if it's not strictly a student card) to explain my low income and stuff. 

Photobucket
Frequent Contributor
Odiseous
Posts: 287
Registered: ‎03-08-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP


nada9188 wrote:

I kept refreshing the app status page and it was approved!!!!!!

 

Now the guessing game on CL...



- More important

- Less important (since you can play the CLI game with AmEx)

 

Congrats!

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Frequent Contributor
nada9188
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

Yeah I clicked Rent and it did not ask for an amount. I indicated employed student, because it is the most accurate description. It approved it now so I have no regrets. 

Frequent Contributor
nada9188
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎11-27-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

Thank you!!!


Odiseous wrote:

nada9188 wrote:

I kept refreshing the app status page and it was approved!!!!!!

 

Now the guessing game on CL...



- More important

- Less important (since you can play the CLI game with AmEx)

 

Congrats!


 

Valued Contributor
boomhower
Posts: 1,863
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: Equifax fico + BCP

Would app for zync and then bc directly after. That's the method I took. One inquiry and approved after verifying address. I had 730 FICO and zync green and gold under offers. After being approved for bcp I cancelled the zync app as I didn't want it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+