Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not reporting new AUs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax not reporting new AUs?

Has anyone recently (within the past 6 months or so) had a *new* AU account start reporting to their EQ report? I have had 2 AU TLs added to both EX and TU but neither showed up on EQ.

I've seen others report similar instances of EQ not reporting AU accounts, has me wondering if they are trying to work around the system by just not reporting them...

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax not reporting new AUs?

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone recently (within the past 6 months or so) had a *new* AU account start reporting to their EQ report? I have had 2 AU TLs added to both EX and TU but neither showed up on EQ.

I've seen others report similar instances of EQ not reporting AU accounts, has me wondering if they are trying to work around the system by just not reporting them...

not reporting a recently added AU acct. here to, whereas both TU and EX are, not sure what they are up to Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking more and more they have put some sort of block on AU accounts reporting. They are failing to show 2 AU accounts I have from DW's CCs.

Message 3 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking more and more they have put some sort of block on AU accounts reporting. They are failing to show 2 AU accounts I have from DW's CCs.

It does increasingly appear so, kinda creepy IMO

Message 4 of 23
MachoMarkSaavge
Valued Member

I always just thought it was an equifax thing. I was an AU on my girlfriends CITI card last October, it reports to EX and TU, not equifax.

And my mom added me to her 19k Chase, like 4 months ago, reported within a week to EX and TU, and then it showed up on EQ last week.

So it took 4 months. And the other one isn't on there at all. I hate equifax, I have more problems with them, than anyone else.

Message 5 of 23
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

I was just added to a AU as well. EX and TU show my new AU account but EQ doesn't.

Message 6 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

It's not up the CRA's as to whether an AU is reported. The CC issuer has to send that information along. The CRA's can only report what the creditors send to them.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

Seems from PP that the creditors ARE reporting but ONLY EQ is not updating the info.  The issue is apparently with EQ.

Message 8 of 23
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@score_building wrote:

Seems from PP that the creditors ARE reporting but ONLY EQ is not updating the info.  The issue is apparently with EQ.

You're probably right but no where does it say for certain that the creditors sent information to all three CRA's; only that EQ is the only one of the three not showing the AU's.

If EQ did receive the data but is choosing not to report then I will agree that the problem seems to be EQ.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 23
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

I believe the problem is EQ.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.