cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax pullers? Kroger 1-2-3 still around?

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

Equifax pullers? Kroger 1-2-3 still around?

Just got approved with USAA, looking for one more decent card.

is Kroger 1-2-3 still around ? Do they still pull Equifax only?

any other banks that pull EQ only?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax pullers? Kroger 1-2-3 still around?

Found this------> Kroger 1-2-3 Not sure what they pull but it looks like a pretty sweet card.

Message 2 of 6
JMN
Frequent Contributor

Kroger 1-2-3 was sold to U.S. Bank by RBS. In California U.S. Bank pulls Equifax primarily, but they are known to pull others in other states. Depends on your geographic region.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 3 of 6
ALP
New Contributor

They (US Bank) pulled Equifax for me in GA when I applied for the 1-2-3 Rewards MC.

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

That card is a joke.

Look at the spending example on their site: You spend approx. $625 at different places and you get $5 towards free groceries. That's less than 1%.

The points are inflated as 1075 points get you $5 in rewards. Best case: You buy only Kroger branded products in the store and get triple points.

Say, you buy Kroger groceries for $ 358. That would give you $5 in rewards. You're getting 1.4% and it isn't even cashback because you can only use the coupons to redeem at Kroger.

A LOT of regular cashback cards are BETTER than that. Cap One No Hassle Cash Rewards (no AF preferably) offers a standard 2% on groceries. BoA has a card, I think, that offers 2% on groceries also.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday offers a standard 3% on groceries, no matter if you buy Kroger brand or shop at Meijer or Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. 

Why would you apply for this card?

By the by, we buy almost all of our groceries at Kroger and spend at least $500-$600 there every month. I use my Amex with 3% and earn $180-$216 in cashback every year. Even though we don't have the 1, 2, 3 rewards card, we still get a lot of free and reduced-price coupons in the mail.

Message 5 of 6
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@JMN wrote:

Kroger 1-2-3 was sold to U.S. Bank by RBS. In California U.S. Bank pulls Equifax primarily, but they are known to pull others in other states. Depends on your geographic region.

I live in So Cal and US Bank pulled EX on me.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.