Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escaping Capitol One

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Escaping Capitol One

I have closed my secure card that I have had with them for 3+ years. , the rep didn't even try to save me when I mention I am in process of evenually closing all 4 of my cedit cards with caption one. Shows you how much the CSR department cares about customer retention.  Funny thing is he introduced him self even as a senior account analyst supervisor. 1 down 3 to go and 3k back in my pocket.  

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Re: Escaping Capitol One

Kudos to you.   I plan on following in your footsteps early next year.  Congrats on your new found freedom.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 41
qtcbcute
Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

I have closed my secure card that I have had with them for 3+ years. , the rep didn't even try to save me when I mention I am in process of evenually closing all 4 of my cedit cards with caption one. Shows you how much the CSR department cares about customer retention.  Funny thing is he introduced him self even as a senior account analyst supervisor. 1 down 3 to go and 3k back in my pocket.  

Good for you! I just closed one of my Orchard Bank cards and I plan to close the otheIna's soon as my Chase Freedom comes in the mail. I plan on closing Capital One as soon as my Discover comes in the mail as well! We're on our way to prime cards!

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 41
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Good for You.

I am right behind you.

They have had my $2,000 for ten months and never offered a Ci.

Soon as I get my last new Prime Credit Card I am gone.

They served their purpose now it is time to cut them loose. !

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 4 of 41
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

ill be closing one cap1 this week or so. then anohter in 7-9 months if not sooner

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 41
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats on letting go crap one, feels good huh?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 41
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I want to close my card, but they keep waiving the annual fee.  Until they stop doing that I will keep it open.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I am right there with ya'll!! I hate CRAP-ONE as they have NOT been really all that great to me..PLUS I have an AF that I didn't realize was assesed!!! Ughhh..I am scared though to close this account because I've had it for like 2 years..any suggestions??? I don't know how hard of a hit it'll take on my CR???

Message 8 of 41
RonDawg
Contributor

@toppers555 wrote:

Great Job, I did the same thing back in Feb yep and your right they don't even care.  When I closed my HSBC account the same day at least the rep there tried to talk me out of it.  That was before CrapOne purchased HSBC's accounts.

Becareful when closing that the accounts you close are not your oldest accounts.

Take care and good job killing off that bank from your wallet.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 9 of 41
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I opened mine in June and plan to keep it open until 6/2014 (may close earlier but not planning on it). I dont like having cards open for less than 2 years.  Granted they will have my funds during this time and its not doing anything for me but thats ok.  The card has been useful and will close it as needed. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.