Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eval and recommendations ....

tag
lrdwilder
Established Member

Eval and recommendations ....

Ok so here it is.....

I've been pretty good boy and have been doing well but need some advice what to keep and what to dump if anything....

1.Blue Cash Pref AMEX 25k

2. AMEX Plat daily use card

3. Citi forward 7k 5x points on restaurants which we use

4. Chase saphire 6k the gift card point exchange rate is good and want go to Saph pref

5. Capital one Plat 1.5k  Annual Fee in Dec

6. Cap one Venture 5k no for trans fee important to me

7. Barclays US Air 15k use for travel the most

8. Discover More 2.5k

Current util is 8% or less generally pay in full every month.... 

I want to be closer to ideal, I'm at eq 718, ex 744 (per citi) Total of 4 inq with 2 in Jan 2012 and 2 new ones. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
severine
Contributor

Re: Eval and recommendations ....

@lrdwilder wrote:

Ok so here it is.....

I've been pretty good boy and have been doing well but need some advice what to keep and what to dump if anything....

1.Blue Cash Pref AMEX 25k

2. AMEX Plat daily use card

3. Citi forward 7k 5x points on restaurants which we use

4. Chase saphire 6k the gift card point exchange rate is good and want go to Saph pref

5. Capital one Plat 1.5k  Annual Fee in Dec

6. Cap one Venture 5k no for trans fee important to me

7. Barclays US Air 15k use for travel the most

8. Discover More 2.5k

Current util is 8% or less generally pay in full every month.... 

I want to be closer to ideal, I'm at eq 718, ex 744 (per citi) Total of 4 inq with 2 in Jan 2012 and 2 new ones. 

Thoughts?

Personally I would dump #5, it doesn't look like you need it to me, esp. since it has an AF.

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 2 of 5
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Yeah no real need for number 5 especially with the af. I would wait until right before cap one hits you with the annual fee and then close. However, I assume that it's one of your older tradelines so you might want to ask them to waive the af and tell them that you will close the account if they refuse. 

If you do close the account it will still remain on your reports for 10 years so aaoa won't take any hit

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 5
LilNYC
New Contributor

If you end up upgrading your sphire to the preferred version you won't really need the Cap 1 Venture snymore since CSP doesn't charge a foreign trans fee either.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 4 of 5
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Do you do enough travelling to justify the AF on the AmEx Platinum? Do you use all the perks like airport lounges and upgrades and whatnot?

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.