Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even Hooter's hates me!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Even Hooter's hates me!!

watchnerd wrote:
What about the BofA 99/500 card? Is that not an option in this case?

That's probably the most dificult secured card to get.  Even BofA fully secured is difficult.  If it were me, I'd want 600s before applying for BofA secured.

99/500 is a crapshoot, too, because you can't apply for it directly.  You never know if the counteroffer will come up, and if it doesn't, you just wasted an inquiry.

Message 21 of 27
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

cheddar wrote:

watchnerd wrote:
What about the BofA 99/500 card? Is that not an option in this case?

That's probably the most dificult secured card to get.  Even BofA fully secured is difficult.  If it were me, I'd want 600s before applying for BofA secured.

99/500 is a crapshoot, too, because you can't apply for it directly.  You never know if the counteroffer will come up, and if it doesn't, you just wasted an inquiry.

and BofA is a big EX puller (tho in my case they pulled both EX and TU) --  do you know what your EX looks like?  On my EX I had zero co's, thirteen 120 day lates @ 6.5 years and a few 30 day lates from 05 and got approved for 2k w/ an EX around 660.

I would wait a few months before trying with them if I were you.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 22 of 27
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Maybe I'll just wait until I get to the 600"s to app for anything else. I don't have alot of inq's  2/TU 3/EX 2/EQ so I guess I'll just bank my inq's until I get there. My scores are TU/591 EX/582 EQ/577 so hopefully I'll be in the 600 club by summer, then I'm going apping  Smiley Wink
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thinking sonogirl! Don't get in a rush. It's like loosing weight. It takes time to do it the right way.

I'll bet your scores will be where you want them by summer. Smiley Wink Keep up the good work.
Message 24 of 27
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

sonogirl wrote:
Maybe I'll just wait until I get to the 600"s to app for anything else. I don't have alot of inq's  2/TU 3/EX 2/EQ so I guess I'll just bank my inq's until I get there. My scores are TU/591 EX/582 EQ/577 so hopefully I'll be in the 600 club by summer, then I'm going apping  Smiley Wink

I'd definitely sit on my hands for a few if I were you.  Why are your scores where they are?  Anything that can be fixed other than what you've done so far?

Best of luck til summer!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 25 of 27
sonogirl
Regular Contributor

Most of it was mistaken identity. I have a collection on TU & EX from a Dr. my mom sees cuz we have the same name. The Dr's office has already corrected the mistake and I'm waiting for the cb's to update (which is like agonySmiley Sad ) I have about 6 CO's with a $0 balance on each cb from a defaulted student loan that is now rehabbed x2 yrs  don't even get me started on that one!Smiley Mad
Also some lates from  a car payment most recent 9mths ago Pre fico days Smiley Sad

So I thought all my hardwork was done and it was time to to rebuild... guess not
09/11 TU 599 EQ 601
Message 26 of 27
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I know it's not easy, I did most of my waiting w/o the help of this forum.  At least i didn't have the constant conversation about fico scoring that we have here, but it probably made it a little bit easier to step away from it for awhile.

At least there's one positive thing about getting older -- your CR gets older too!  Smiley Happy

You'll get there!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.