Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even more great news from Cap One EO

tag
kyjd-2015
Established Member

Even more great news from Cap One EO

Let me start by saying that I have no problem with Cap One.  But I posted a few weeks ago that I was instantly approved for a Discover IT and Bank of America Cash Visa.  So I emailed the CEO of Cap One the other day and explained that although I appreciate Cap One's customer service I no longer have any need for the card.  The next day a rep. from the EO office called me and was extremely helpful.  When I checked tonight I noticed a "miles rewards" balance section.  After a nice online chat I was told my card was upgraded to the Cap One Venture card.  I am so excited about this.  This forum has given me so much credit confidence.  Thank again!

On a side note, my limit was not increased from $750.  But I have yet to speak with the nice lady from the EO.  Maybe it can still change.  

EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Citi Diamond Preferred ($1K) Cap One Venture ($2500) Discover IT ($4400) Chase Slate ($400) BofA Case Visa ($1000) CiTi AA ($2800)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: Even more great news from Cap One EO

I think they may give you a CLI, because the minimum CL on a Venture card is $3000. So good luck!!

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 12
kyjd-2015
Established Member

I hope so.  I'm actually very confused.  The online chat people said I would earn 2 miles for every dollar but my card is still a platinum mastercard.  So do you think it is still the Venture card, which may get an increase?  I've never PC'd a card before so this is all brand new to me.  

EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Citi Diamond Preferred ($1K) Cap One Venture ($2500) Discover IT ($4400) Chase Slate ($400) BofA Case Visa ($1000) CiTi AA ($2800)
Message 3 of 12
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@kyjd-2015 wrote:

I hope so.  I'm actually very confused.  The online chat people said I would earn 2 miles for every dollar but my card is still a platinum mastercard.  So do you think it is still the Venture card, which may get an increase?  I've never PC'd a card before so this is all brand new to me.  

It may not be a venture card, it could just be that they added the 2 miles per dollar rewards onto your existing account.  In that case, they may or may not give you an increase, you will just have to wait until the EO calls you back. Although, if they don't offer one, you could request an increase then.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 12
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

I can tell you that my wife's Cap One platinum MC was for all practical purposes, converted to the Cash rewards card by adding the cash rewards, umm rewards package to it. 

I believe that the exec office has the authority to a lot of things out of the norm, which regular CSRs may not do.

Expect a call from whomever you spoke with soon would be my guess.  If they gave you the venture rewards, it makes sense for them to give a limit that allows you to go on an adventure. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 5 of 12
kyjd-2015
Established Member

Thanks!  I will keep everyone posted.  Hopefully I hear from them tomorrow.  

EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Message 6 of 12
39kdk

Have a Cap One and USAA credit card. both have large balances. Is itbetter to pay one off first or trim both down together? Trying to raise score as fast as.possible

Thanks
Message 7 of 12
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@39kdk wrote:
Have a Cap One and USAA credit card. both have large balances. Is itbetter to pay one off first or trim both down together? Trying to raise score as fast as.possible

Thanks

For maximum scoring it is better to only have one card with a balance and to have that balance between 1-9% UTL. 

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PC and rewards. Hope you are still able to increase the limit some.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 12
kyjd-2015
Established Member

FInally heard back from Cap One.  They were not aware that I wanted a CLI as well.  So, they asked me if this is something I would be interested in.  (Miles with a $750 limit? Really?)  So, I asked for my limit to be increased to $2500.  Just checked my account and I noticed I now have a CL of 2500!  Woo hoo!!!!! 

EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.