cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever disappointed with the physical look of a card?

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: Ever disappointed with the physical look of a card?

Yeah, that CSP is pretty cool looking. Smiley Wink Gets a lot of comments, right?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 11 of 39
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Lol I never heard of that before. At least you will be getting the card design you wanted now.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 12 of 39
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've never heard of them running out of cards before.  That's a first!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 39
shakalaka
Established Contributor

How many have applied for it? 1 Million? That is hilarious. How one can run out of cards? They are not worth a lot, just plastic ... BofA should have a sufficient amount on stock ...

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 14 of 39
logan_720
Established Contributor

I LOVE my Privileges with Travel Rewards card. The look of the black and silver is amazing!

Message 15 of 39
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

My NFCU Cash rewards is the ugliest green...lol

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

@calogan wrote:

I finally got my BankAmericard Privledges with Travel Rewards card and tore open the package, to find a card that looks nothing like the one pictures on their website. 

Instead, it looked exactly like their non-Privledges card except for the word "Privledges" and the chip.

Obviously I wanted the card, and I can't be upset with 2% everywhere, but I'll still be pulling out my Sapphire Preferred for the cool factor where I can.

What it should look like:

What it actually looks like:

I have the top picture and the bottom one too. Funny that my CashReward is the top pic style and my travel is the like the bottom picture. They told me that my travel rewards doesnt look like the Cash one becasue it's a platinum plus instead of a Visa sig. But my CL on the Travel is $5K, so not sure why they just didnt make it a Sig.

But the writing on the top card is a joke. I used the card 4-5 times and it just sits in my wallet. The writings are already disappearing.

Message 17 of 39
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I've been disappointed that the cards should be more "fir...

I've been disappointed that the cards should be more "firm" or heavier.  But I guess they have to use cheap plastic in this Made in China era we are in.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 18 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

My NFCU Cash rewards is the ugliest green...lol

I would agree that the old design is ugly but the new Sig version is nicer. I see that your CL is $3K. Once you get 5K, have them convert it to the VISA signature.

Message 19 of 39
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Most disappointing card I ever had was a WaMu VISA.  Just plain blue with a yellow WaMu logo on it. Incredibly boring.  Even the Wal-Mart store card is more interesting - same color scheme but at least it has some glitter and that 6-bar logo scattered all over it.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.