cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever disappointed with the physical look of a card?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Ever disappointed with the physical look of a card?

Yes! All the time! I have a Cap1 card and I decided to use the IMAGE creator thingy on their site to order a new card since mine was fading quite a bit. The card looked MUCH better on the site...when I got it, it was soo ugly that I actually shredded it up.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 39
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I've only been disappointed once and that was with my old Chase Continental Presidential Plus WEMC. The card was so thin and flimsy it honestly felt like it was made out of paper. I'm glad the new versions now are metal like the CSP.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 39
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Yes! All the time! I have a Cap1 card and I decided to use the IMAGE creator thingy on their site to order a new card since mine was fading quite a bit. The card looked MUCH better on the site...when I got it, it was soo ugly that I actually shredded it up.

LOL +1...I've actually changed cards 3 times, but I can use any one at anytime since the CCV and EXP date didn't change. I have the standard design, and two others, one with a train locomotive and another one of a NYC Subway car.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 23 of 39
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

LOL +1...I've actually changed cards 3 times, but I can use any one at anytime since the CCV and EXP date didn't change. I have the standard design, and two others, one with a train locomotive and another one of a NYC Subway car.

I can't remember what the name of the design was but it was something already on their site.. you can use it once every 30 days. I didn't know they kept the same Exp date tho until I had gotten it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 24 of 39
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I can't remember what the name of the design was but it was something already on their site.. you can use it once every 30 days. I didn't know they kept the same Exp date tho until I had gotten it.

I hated the designs they had...so I used my own photos. lol. I might change it to one of the pictures I took during my trip to Vegas last year.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 25 of 39
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Anyone know how to get the default card images back after you create an image card?

Message 26 of 39
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

Anyone know how to get the default card images back after you create an image card?

I would just call up and ask for one. 

Message 27 of 39
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I had an old $400 Orchard Bank "platnium" card that was like designed to look like brushed metal.  So tacky.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was disappointed by the look of the Amex Blue series; still think they look cheap and flimsy.

Message 29 of 39
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

I would just call up and ask for one. 

I did that, actually. Like the other poster, I thought that the image photo looked better on the computer than in real life. I asked them on THREE separate occassions to send me a default card instead of an image card, and each time a new image card arrived with the same photo. I finally gave up.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.