cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

I went on a mini app spree when I app'd for my CSP last week, applied for a amex and a citi card after the chase app. Amex gave me a wait notice and Citi gave a more info needed notice. I figured they were denials, and since I was approved for the chase card I didn't worry about them. I have no major purchases planned this year, and my inq count is now 4 for the last 10 months.

Got a call from citi yesterday, they wanted to verify my address and phone numbers and was told I was approved for $5k on their simplicity card, was only pending for verification. Earlier, recieved a welcome email from amex with a cl of $2k.

My poor AAOA , I don't want to see my scores drop below the 7's. I wasn't expecting approvals without calling them. Glad I added amex for backdating purposes however. I committed myself to the garden the day I was approved for the csp. Smiley Embarassed

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

YAY u!

....and yes, that did happen to me once...I apped for a Nationwide Visa, got the 7-10 message and assumed I was denied...

7-10 days later, the new card arrived. 

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 3
jla84
Regular Contributor

Re: Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

I wanted a travel rewards card a couple years ago, so I apped for Discover Miles....I think I got a screen that said something similar to a 7-10 day message, so I thought I was denied. Then I went on to do more research and found out that the PenFed AmEx was a better travel card, so I apped for that about a week after apping for Discover. After not hearing from Discover for a few days, I called customer service and they told me that they actually had no record of my application at all! In the end, I recieved two emails on the same day - both approvals for PenFed AND Discover! Crazy. 

A year later I just PCed my Discover to an IT, since I don't need two travel cards. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.