Frequent Contributor
revvystoke

Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

I went on a mini app spree when I app'd for my CSP last week, applied for a amex and a citi card after the chase app. Amex gave me a wait notice and Citi gave a more info needed notice. I figured they were denials, and since I was approved for the chase card I didn't worry about them. I have no major purchases planned this year, and my inq count is now 4 for the last 10 months.

Got a call from citi yesterday, they wanted to verify my address and phone numbers and was told I was approved for $5k on their simplicity card, was only pending for verification. Earlier, recieved a welcome email from amex with a cl of $2k.

My poor AAOA , I don't want to see my scores drop below the 7's. I wasn't expecting approvals without calling them. Glad I added amex for backdating purposes however. I committed myself to the garden the day I was approved for the csp. :smileyembarrassed:

AkAir $25k | CSP $18k | SPG $12.4k | Discover $7k | Simplicity $6.4k | BCE $6k | United $5k | Freedom $2.4k

TU: 740 / EQ: 723 / EX: 731
Valued Contributor
tcbofade

Re: Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

YAY u!

....and yes, that did happen to me once...I apped for a Nationwide Visa, got the 7-10 message and assumed I was denied...

7-10 days later, the new card arrived. 

Current Scores: EX 711 (FCR) TU08: 658 Wally (TU08). Last app 03/08/2014.

Gardening until October 2014.

(Thou shalt not app, thou shalt not app, thou shalt not app...)

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Regular Contributor
jla84

Re: Ever get approved, when app was thought to be denied?

I wanted a travel rewards card a couple years ago, so I apped for Discover Miles....I think I got a screen that said something similar to a 7-10 day message, so I thought I was denied. Then I went on to do more research and found out that the PenFed AmEx was a better travel card, so I apped for that about a week after apping for Discover. After not hearing from Discover for a few days, I called customer service and they told me that they actually had no record of my application at all! In the end, I recieved two emails on the same day - both approvals for PenFed AND Discover! Crazy. 

A year later I just PCed my Discover to an IT, since I don't need two travel cards. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+