cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever have trouble choosing .........

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Ever have trouble choosing .........

@Creditaddict wrote:

@lylesvegas wrote:

I was at the mall the other day and was buying about 150 dollars worth of clothes. I was at the cash register and pulled my wallet out to pay. First thing I think of is what card will give me the best bang for my buck. Then when I see they would all be the same I have to decide. I dont mean to sound foolish but it really took me like 15 seconds to make my decision. Anyone else ever have this problem ?????

Yes except right now I'm not thinking rewards... I'm thinking Approval! I got it wrong today paying for $1 Parking fee! LOL

Did you mean you got declined over a buck?  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I thought I was the only one! Smiley Tongue I have to think which is going to give me the best rewards... and what are the statement dates so I don't end up with a balance posting that I don't want. (That has happened because I was so close to the stmt date when I used the card.) I try not to use a card within a week of the statement date, except for the ones that I let a bal report, which are Navy and my 2 Amex. Usually I end up just using my Navy because I feel badly having the cashier wait with their hand out and sometimes there are people in line behind me.

It's kind of ironic because 2 yrs ago, I had ZERO credit cards, so there was no choice. It was my debit card, and that's it.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 14
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I recently had this problem when buying gas, and then later that day when shopping for a pair of new sneakers. My problem though, is that I now carry around my PRG Amex, my Discover More card, my Chase Southwest and then like 2 of my NFCU cards, plus my debit. Sadly enough, it got so frustrating sitting at the pump that I just swiped my debit card instead. Smiley Embarassed A couple of posts ago, someone said something that made total sense to me. They carry 2 cards around at any given time. I think I will do that now.

And to think, I was just online yesterday looking for a new wallet to hold all of the plastic. I don't need that kind of headache. I don't exactly want to look like a card junkie either in front of co-workers and friends....

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
iloverewards
Valued Member

Right now I'm torn between Discover and CSP for eating out b/c Discover is offering 5% cash back between January and March while I am trying to meet my spend requirement for my CSP bonus. I think I'll spend enough to meet my bonus first and then move to Discover until the quarter ends. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred | Freedom | IHG Rewards Club
Citi Dividend | Simplicity | AAdvantage
Discover It
Capital One Quicksilver
Amex Blue Cash
Barclay Arrival | NFL Extra Points
Bank of America Better Balance Rewards
US Bank Platinum Visa
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.