cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone that had pre-approvals for wamu...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Everyone that had pre-approvals for wamu...

Don't you wish you had gone ahead and applied now!!!
Then you would be in the door with Chase.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Everyone that had pre-approvals for wamu...

They keep sending the apps. I applied couple of times and then they declined the app stating I had old account with providian. That costed me 2 inqs. I got Chase card on my own, which I am glad I got it. I dont want to do any thing with wamu even if it existed.
Message 2 of 12
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

Nope.  In my case, am already in the door; glad I DIDN'T app and end up with ANOTHER cc account that costs me hard inqs for CLI's and what-not and is grudging about saying 'yes' to such things! Smiley Tongue

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 12
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yeah, some probably do. But doesn't mean anyone with a WaMu card is going to be blessed and kept by Chase. They're not going to lower their standards for WaMu CC holders permanently via a grandfathering in of them.

I fully expect some sub-primers, but otherwise good WaMu customers, to either be sold off or closed if PIF'd. Otherwise, look for them to be CLD'd, rate-jacked, denied CLIs, and otherwise treated like unwelcome customers till they leave. I don't like seeing it...but you sorta know it's coming. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by TangMeister on 09-29-2008 12:31 PM

Edit: I'm feeling goofy on the grammar today. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by TangMeister on 09-29-2008 12:32 PM
Message 4 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

They might end up keeping all the Wamu cards under the Wamu name as opposed to converting them to Chase cards. In fact, I'd believe that to be the probable route.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I don't "think", they will mess with former Wamu customers who are in good standing, but not as good standing as Chase would like. I think there would be some fallout over doing that. Maybe they won't give CLI on those cards though, but I doubt they'd just shut them all down. Who knows though.

It makes sense to keep the Wamu cards as Wamu cards, but I think that Chase message says that if you have a Wamu Credit Card, you'll eventually have a Chase card.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-29-2008 01:04 PM
Message 6 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

there use to be a credit card called NextCard. it was marketed as an internet credit card, was my favorite back in the day. anyway. the bank eventually went under. Merrick bought some of the accounts and the rest just got closed.
will be interesting to see...
1. if cards stay as are
2. issued new chase platinum cards
3. cancelled all together.

I would lean towards 2.

if chase is going to keep all the accounts they are going to want people carrying branded cards of there own, not cards for a bank that does not exist anymore.
Message 7 of 12
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:
They keep sending the apps. I applied couple of times and then they declined the app stating I had old account with providian. That costed me 2 inqs. I got Chase card on my own, which I am glad I got it. I dont want to do any thing with wamu even if it existed.

That is my EXACT story with WAMU.   I respect Chase a little less for taking on WaMu.  (Just a little.  lol.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 8 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

That is my EXACT story with WAMU.   I respect Chase a little less for taking on WaMu.  (Just a little.  lol.)

JP Morgan paid 2 billion for the largest thrift in the US. You and I should be able to make deals like that.
Message 9 of 12
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

JP Morgan paid 2 billion for the largest thrift in the US. You and I should be able to make deals like that.

With practices like these I'd think I'd at least be able to write off a bunch of my past experiences as 'bad debt'..  think..  bad relationships, bad decisions, alcohol-induced shopping sprees, etc.  Smiley Happy

I want a free pass!  (And I'm so glad I can stop counting WaMu pre-apps.  Wonder if Chase will attack me.)

Let's see..  Old Providian opening TL = 250, Chase opening TL = 4k.  I hope Chase never finds that old CC..  hehehehe!  (Oh, and yeah, it was paid and closed in good standing..  but STILL!) 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.